Dango 3 Kyodai
"Dango 3 Kyodai" (だんご3兄弟, Dango San Kyōdai, "Three Dango Brothers") is a Japanese song released on March 3, 1999. The song caused a social phenomenon in Japan. On the Japanese Oricon weekly single charts, it debuted at the number-one position with the sales of over one million copies. It was considered that the song might surpass the record of "Oyoge! Taiyaki-kun". However, it spent at the top position for only three consecutive weeks. In fact, this song proved that "Oyoge! Taiyaki-kun" had been extraordinary. According to the Oricon, it sold over 2.91 million copies, becoming the third best-selling single in Japan at that time. However, Southern All Stars's "Tsunami" surpassed the record in 2005.
|"Dango 3 Kyōdai"|
|Single by Kentaro Hayami, Ayumi Shigemori, Himawari Kids and Dango Gasshōdan|
|Released||March 3, 1999|
|Songwriter(s)||Horie Yoshiro, Satou Masahiko, Uchino Masumi|
|Kentarō Hayami singles chronology|
- "Tokyo says 'Bravo!' to tango explosion". The Japan Times. 1999-03-20. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- "Oricon Weekly Single Charts for the third week of March 1999" (in Japanese). Oricon. Retrieved 2008-12-05.
- 爆発「だんご3兄弟」が日本経済救う？ (in Japanese). Nikkei Business Publications. 1999-03-09. Archived from the original on 2008-03-16. Retrieved 2008-12-05.
- ギネス認定記念で復活！「およげ！たいやきくん」ＣＤで再発売 (in Japanese). Sankei Shimbun. 2008-02-20. Archived from the original on July 25, 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-05.
- "SMAP「世界に一つだけの花」、 シングル売上歴代9位に！！" (in Japanese). Oricon. 2004-08-03. Retrieved 2008-12-05.
- サザン、史上最多！44作ランクイン!! (in Japanese). Oricon. 2005-06-28. Archived from the original on 2005-07-03. Retrieved 2008-12-05.
|This 1990s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|