Dalvin Ertimus DeGrate (born July 23, 1971, in Hampton, Virginia) is an American R&B and soul musician, singer and rapper, best known for his days as Mr. Dalvin, one-quarter of the R&B group Jodeci.
|Birth name||Dalvin Ertimus DeGrate|
|Also known as|
|Born||July 23, 1971|
|Origin||Charlotte, North Carolina|
The rapper for the group, DeGrate rarely sang lead on Jodeci tracks, although he has production and songwriting credits on Diary of A Mad Band and The Show, The After Party, The Hotel. He occasionally played drums onstage.
He released his first solo album, Met.A.Mor.Phic, on April 18, 2000, with the single "Why Can't We".
He moved to Def Jam Recordings, and recorded his second album, Met.A.Mor.Phic 2: The Rivalry of a Singer and A Rapper, with appearances by Method Man, Redman, Ludacris. The album was due to be released in 2010, but he decided to leave Def Jam and form his own label, DeGrate Productions, after a dispute.
In 2012 he announced he was working on an album called "Egomaniac", but it has been shelved.
In 2014 DeGrate set up a new record label with music executive Cassandra Mills, called Christo Chrome Music.
In 2017 he released a single called "Vindication (Get Money) feat GOODZ", he also did a video for this single, a new album is yet to come in 2018.
- Forever My Lady (1991)
- Diary of a Mad Band (1993)
- The Show, the After Party, the Hotel (1995)
- The Past, The Present, The Future (2015)
- Met.A.Mor.Phic (2000)
- "Dalvin DeGrate". IMDb. Retrieved July 30, 2016.
- Ruhlmann, William. "Biography: Dalvin DeGrate". AllMusic. Retrieved May 3, 2010.
- Schumacher-Rasmussen, Eric. "Dalvin DeGrate Says Met.A.Mor.Phic Will Confound Fans". MTV. Retrieved October 9, 2017.
- Rene, Shameika. "Q&A: Dalvin DeGrate & Cassandra Mills—New Beginnings and a Jodeci Reunion". soultrain.com. Retrieved October 9, 2017.
|This biographical article related to hip hop music in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a record producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|