Daivathinte Swantham Cleetus
Daivathinte Swantham Cleetus is a 2013 Malayalam action comedy film directed by debutante director Marthandan and scripted by Benny P Nayarambalam. Set against the backdrop of theatre, Mammootty plays the title role of Cleetus, a theatre artiste. Honey Rose, Aju Varghese, Rejith Menon and Sanam Shetty play prominent roles in the film. The film was shot in Thodupuzha, Kerala and nearby locations. It was released on 12 September 2013.
|Daivathinte Swantham Cleetus|
|Produced by||Faisal Alleppy|
|Written by||Benny P Nayarambalam|
|Edited by||Shyam Shashidar|
Achappu Movie Magic
Achappu, PJ Entertainments & PIANO Creations AUSTRALIA
Daivathinte Swantham Cleetus tells the story of a "thug" named Cleetus (Mammootty) who is asked by a parish priest (Siddique), who does not know about his background, to play the role of Jesus Christ in a play. During the film, events in the life of Cleetus start to mirror events portrayed about Jesus' life in the Bible.
- Mammootty as Cleetus
- Honey Rose as Lakshmy
- Siddique as Father Sunny Vadakkumthala
- Rejith Menon as Alex
- Eric Anil as Lakshmis' son
- Aju Varghese as Chinnan
- Sanam Shetty as Anna
- Abu Salim as Udumbu Salim
- Vinayakan as Sayippu
- Jubil Rajan P Dev as Podiyan
- Nandhu as Lakshmi's Father
- Mohan Jose as S.I Ittichan
- Kottayam Nazeer as Varghese
- Anoop Chandran
- N. L. Balakrishnan as Kochappi
- Vijayaraghavan as Simon
- Jaise Jose as C.Krishnakumar
- Vishal Krishna as Jamon
- Ullas Pandalam
- Adinad Sasi
- Kailash as Jayakrishnan
- P. Balachandran as Raphael Vadakkumthala
- Suraj Venjaramoodu as Kunjachan
- Maya Moushmi
- Thesni Khan as Kumbalangi Maria
- Manjusha Sajish
The film received mixed reviews upon release and it was a commercial hit. Paresh C Palicha of Rediff.com rated the film 2/5 and said, "Fans of Mammootty will be happy with his performance, beginning with comedy, then moving to superhero action and culminating in emotionally intense scenes. But good acting is not enough to make up for a vapid plot and content." Padmakumar K. of Malayala Manorama rated the film 2.5/5 and said, "Just like any other director, debutant G Marthaandan has also made a film. He made it like a recipe with all the required ingredients in required measures. For a discerning connoisseur what it falls short of is the required taste." A critic from Oneindia.in rated the film 2.5/5 and said, "Daivathinte Swantham Cleetus can be regarded as a comedy entertainer. The first half of the movie is interesting". Aswin J. Kumar of The Times of India said, "Marthandan, as though overwhelmed by the sheer weight of the subject incorporates some light stuff, which eventually translates into poorly staged comic scenes." The reviewer criticised Mammootty's performance saying, "Mammootty carries off the thug and later the moralist with a palpable tiredness, which is worsened by a patchy make-up." Sharika C. of The Hindu said, "Tracing Cleetus’ transformation from evil to good, the film is a watchable fare. Does it mean resurrection for the superstar? Only, almost."
|1.||"Ithente Raktham"||Vijay Yesudas|
|2.||"Kizhak Kizhak"||Shahabaz Aman|
|3.||"Navayuga yavanika"||Ganesh Sundaram|
- "Mammootty's Daivathinte Swantham Cleetus to start by June 12". The Times of India. 1 June 2013. Archived from the original on 14 August 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Mammootty's new look in his next!". The Times of India. 20 June 2013. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Sanam's dual act in her next". The Times of India. 30 June 2013. Archived from the original on 4 October 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "'Daivathinte Swantham Cletus' started its shoot". Nowrunning.com. 20 June 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Mammootty to celebrate Ramzan & Onam !". Sify.com. 26 June 2013. Archived from the original on 27 June 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- ""And the winner is…"". Khaleejtimes.com. 19 September 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Paresh C Palicha (12 September 2013). "Daivathinte Swantham Cleetus Movie Review". Rediff.com. Retrieved 13 September 2013.
- Padmakumar K. (13 September 2013). "Review: Cleetus fails to get his act together" Archived 21 September 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Malayala Manorama. Retrieved 13 September 2013.
- Gayathri (12 September 2013). "Daivathinte Swantham Cleetus Movie Review". Oneindia.in. Retrieved 13 September 2013.
- ""Daivathinte Swantham Cleetus"". Timesofindia.com. 15 September 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Daivathinte Swantham Cleetus: In the safe hands of God" Archived 20 September 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- "UK weekend box office report: 27 – 29 September – BFI". British Film Institute. 27 September 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "United Kingdom and Ireland and Malta Yearly Box Office". Box Office Mojo. 23 October 2013.
- "Daivathinte Swantham Cleetus". Box Office Mojo. 23 October 2013.
- "'Boss' is eagerly awaited!". Bollywood Hungama. 15 October 2013.