Vinayakan TK better known as Vinayakan is an Indian film actor and music composer who predominantly works in the Malayalam Film Industry. He also works in Tamil, Telugu and Bollywood films. He started his career with a cameo appearance in Thampi Kannanthanam's 1995 film Maanthrikam.Later, he did a couple of films as supporting roles as well as comedian roles respectively.In 2016, Vinayakan won the Kerala State Film Award for Best Actor for his performance of Ganga in Rajiv Ravi's Kammatipaadam and also well appreciated by the critics. He also composed a song for the film.
Vinayakan T . K .
Thoppil Jn, Kochi, Kerala, India
|Occupation||Actor, singer, music composer|
|Awards||Kerala State Film Award for Best Actor (2016)|
Vinayakan began his career as a dancer and had a dance troupe named Black Mercury with Fire dance being his forte. Director Thampi Kannanthanam introduced him in Maanthrikam and later in Onnaman. He was noticed for his performances in Stop Violence, Vellithira (Bhadran movie), Chathikkatha Chanthu (Rafi Mecartin movie) and Mohanlal starrer Chotta Mumbai.
Vinayakan was unanimously appreciated for the performance as Ganga in Rajeev Ravi' s 2016 film Kammatipaadam, and nominated for national award. where he made his debut as music director as well. His performance in the film, brought him the Best Actor Award of Kerala State Film Awards, The North American Film Award for Outstanding performance in a film, Best Actor Award (2016) of Cinema Paradiso Club Cine Awards etc.
Composing and otherEdit
Vinayakan composed the song "Puzhu Pulikal" for the movie Kammatipaadam..He has also sung songs for Rafi's new film Role Models and one song for Ordinary fame Sugeeth's upcoming movie. Earlier, Vinayakan used to perform in dance troupe before coming to cinema.
- 2018: Best Character Actor - CPC Cine Awards (for Ee.Ma.Yau)
- 2017: Best Actor - CPC Cine Awards (for Kammattipaadam)
- 2016: Best Actor - Kerala State Film Award (for Kammattipaadam)
- 2016: Best Actor - Movie Munshi Cine Awards 2016 (for Kammattipaadam)
- 2017: Best Supporting Actor - Filmfare Awards South (for Kammattipaadam)
- 2019: Best Supporting Actor - Filmfare Awards South (for Ee.Ma.Yau.)
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
On June 15, 2019, dalit activist and former model Mruduladevi alleged that Vinayakan had talked in an obscene manner and used abusive words when she invited him for a function. A case under IPC sections 509, 294 (B) and section 120 (O) of the Kerala Police Act was registered against him based on the complaint of the woman. He was formally arrested and later granted bail by the High Court of Kerala. Vinayakan's phone was confiscated and was sent for forensic tests and he denied saying bad words to the complainant.
- "Vinayakan's Composition for Trance".
- "List of Malayalam Movies acted by Vinayakan". Malayala Chalachithram. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- Anand, Shilp Nair (6 June 2013). "On the superhero trail". The Hindu. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- നായർ, അനീഷ്. "വിനായകന്റെ അസൂയയും അഹങ്കാരവും". Mathrubhumi. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "Kerala State Awards 2016: full list of winners...". Zee News. 7 March 2016. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- "I never felt I was inferior and that empowered me: Vinayakan". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- VS, Goutham (21 May 2016). "Dulquer Salmaan shines in a raw and realistic cut into the brutally buried history of Dalits". The Indian Express. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "Kammatti Paadam Movie Review". India Glitz. 21 May 2016. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "Vinayakan was not in the final four for Best Actor". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- NAFA 2017 for Outstanding performance
- "Vinayakan to do composing, choreography". 10 March 2017. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Vinayakan is Ayyappan in 'Ee Ma Yau'". The Times of India. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Model Mruduladevi raises sexual misconduct allegation against Vinayakan". Mathrubhumi. Retrieved 6 July 2020.
- "Actor Vinayakan booked for 'abusing' woman activist". OnManorama. Retrieved 6 July 2020.
- Daily, Keralakaumudi. "Many men have no understanding when it comes to dealing with women: Sajitha Madathil". Keralakaumudi Daily. Retrieved 8 January 2021.
- "Malayalam Actor Vinayakan Accused of Abusing Woman Activist Gets Bail". News 18. 20 June 2019. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- "Malayalam actor Vinayakan booked for verbally abusing woman activist". India Today. 15 June 2019. Retrieved 3 July 2019.