Daily Chronicle (Illinois)
The Daily Chronicle is a newspaper which covers DeKalb County in northern Illinois. Its newsroom and press are located in DeKalb, Illinois, a city about 60 miles west of Chicago along Interstate 88. The paper has a daily circulation of 19,968 and a Saturday/Sunday "Weekend Edition" circulation of 20,719, as of September 30, 2006. It was formerly owned by Scripps League Newspapers, which was acquired by Pulitzer in 1996; Lee Enterprises acquired Pulitzer in 2005. Shaw Newspapers (now Shaw Media) of Dixon, Illinois acquired the newspaper in late 2007.
|Type||Daily local newspaper|
|Headquarters||DeKalb, DeKalb County,|
Illinois, United States
Prior to 1970, the publication ran under the title The DeKalb Daily Chronicle, which began publication in 1909.
- Daily Newspapers, Lee Enterprises, Official site.
- Times Wire Services (May 7, 1996). "Pulitzer to Purchase Scripps Newspapers". Los Angeles Times.
- Lee completes Pulitzer acquisition, Press Release, Lee Enterprises, 3 June 2005
- Shaw Newspapers - The story inside the story
- "About The DeKalb daily chronicle. (De Kalb, Ill.) 1909-1970". Chronicling America. United States Library of Congress. Retrieved 28 July 2017.