Shaw Media (United States)
Shaw Media is a newspaper publisher based in Crystal Lake, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. Its portfolio includes about 80 newspapers and news websites in Illinois and Iowa. Originally based in Dixon, Illinois; it has acquired a swath of properties in the Chicago suburbs and recently moved its headquarters there.
Founded in 1851, Shaw Media is the third oldest, continuously owned and operated family newspaper company in the nation.
- Bureau County Republican – Princeton
- Daily Chronicle – DeKalb
- The Herald-News – Joliet
- Kane County Chronicle – Geneva
- Morris Daily Herald – Morris
- Northwest Herald – Crystal Lake
- Suburban Life Media – a group of twenty weekly newspapers headquartered in Downers Grove
- The Telegraph – Dixon
- The Times – Ottawa
- The Record newspapers – Yorkville
- Kendall County Record
- Plano Record
- Sandwich Record
- The Creston News Advertiser – Creston
- The Osceola Sentinel-Tribune – Osceola
- The Adair County Free Press – Greenfield
- Fontanelle Observer – Fontanelle (formerly)
Shaw Media and the Daily Herald announced in spring 2014 the launch of a new Chicago Football magazine led by veteran football analyst Hub Arkush. The first issue is to be published in April 2014. The magazine will cover the NFL, college football and high school football.
- Marek, Lynne (May 2, 2013). "Shaw Media names Rung president". Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- "Shaw Media". Shaw Media. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "Shaw Media to purchase The Herald-News". mySuburbanLife.com. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "Subscription Center". ChicagoBusiness.com. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "Shaw Media buys Small Newspaper Group's The Times of Ottawa, Illinois". Inland Press Association. April 3, 2018. Retrieved 2018-11-29.
- "Daily Herald, Shaw launching "Chicago Football" magazine". Football.dailyherald.com. 2014-03-18. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "Hub Arkush & Daily Herald To Publish New 'Chicago Football' Magazine". Chicagoradioandmedia.com. 2014-03-17. Retrieved 2016-04-01.