HY4 is a four seat hydrogen fuel cell powered aircraft. It made its maiden flight on 29 September 2016 from Stuttgart Airport. It was designed by DLR Institute of Engineering Thermodynamics of the German Aerospace Center, based on the Taurus G4, manufactured by Pipistrel.
|Manufacturer||DLR and Pipistrel|
|Developed from||Pipistrel Taurus G4|
- "Zero-emission air transport – first flight of four-seat passenger aircraft HY4". HY4. Retrieved 29 April 2020.
- "HY4 Aircraft".
- "HY4: Maiden Flight of the Hydrogen Powered Airplane". www.AviationPros.com.
- Morlin-Yron, Sophie (19 October 2016). "The plane that emits only water". CNN Travel.
- "The HY4 — a plane that runs on fuel cells and emits only water". www.digitaljournal.com. 26 October 2016.
- "H2FLY's HY4 Completes First-Ever Piloted Flight Of Liquid Hydrogen-Powered Electric Plane". www.msn.com. 19 September 2023.
- "H2FLY And Partners Complete World's First Piloted Flight of Liquid Hydrogen Powered Electric Aircraft". www.h2fly.de. 7 September 2023.