Criminal: Spain is a 2019 Spanish-language police procedural anthology series created by George Kay and Jim Field Smith and starring Emma Suárez, Carmen Machi and Álvaro Cervantes. Criminal: Spain is part of Netflix's Criminal, an anthology series consisting of twelve episodes with three episodes each set across four countries filmed in local languages – France, Spain, Germany and the UK.
|Genre||Police procedural anthology series|
|Directed by||Mariano Barroso|
|Country of origin||Spain|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||3 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||39–41 minutes|
|Production company||Idiotlamp Productions|
|Original release||20 September 2019|
It was released on 20 September 2019 on Netflix.
Set within the confines of a police interrogation room, Spanish investigators engage in intense games of psychological cat-and-mouse with their accused suspects to find the answers they need in order to solve their cases.
- José Ángel Egido - Commissioner (Comisario) Joaquin Manero Alted
- Emma Suárez - Chief Inspector (Inspectora Jefe) María de los Ángeles Toranzo Puig
- Jorge Bosch - Inspector (Inspector) Carlos Cerdeño Varona
- María Morales - Inspector (Inspectora) Luisa
- Álvaro Cervantes - Sub Inspector (Subinspector) Raimundo Messeguer Ortiz
- Daniel Chamorro - Officer (Oficial de Policía) Jorge
- Milo Taboada - Officer (Oficial de Policía) Leo
- Nuria Mencía - Clara
- Javi Coll - Carmen's lawyer
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original release date|
|1||"Isabel"||Mariano Barroso||Alejandro Hernández||20 September 2019|
|Investigators bring in world champion dog breeder Isabel to question her about her involvement in the disappearance and possible murder of her recent romantic companion.|
|2||"Carmen"||Mariano Barroso||Manuel Martín Cuenca||20 September 2019|
|Investigators interrogate Carmen, whose younger autistic sister unexpectedly drowns in the bathtub, but they quickly begin to suspect that she could be hiding something about her sister's sudden death.|
|3||"Carmelo"||Mariano Barroso||Alejandro Hernández||20 September 2019|
|Notorious drug dealer Carmelo Al Huzaini is brought in by investigators on cocaine possession and is interrogated about sharing a possible connection to a recent terrorist attack. All the while, Al Huzaini shares personal history with one of the investigators.|
All twelve episodes will film at Netflix's production hub at Ciudad de la Tele in Madrid.
Criminal: Spain was released on 20 September 2019 on Netflix.
- "'Criminal': Netflix Sets Premiere Date For Nicholas Pinnock & Hayley Atwell Police Interrogation Drama". Deadline. Retrieved 9 August 2019.
- "When is Criminal released on Netflix? Who's in the cast and what's it about?". Radio Times. Retrieved 9 August 2019.