The Cal State San Bernardino Coyotes are the men's and women's intercollegiate athletic squads of California State University, San Bernardino. The athletic department was established in 1984 and the school's athletic mascot is the Coyote. The school's official colors are blue and black.
|Cal State San Bernardino Coyotes|
|University||California State University, San Bernardino|
|Conference||California Collegiate Athletic Association|
|Athletic director||Shawn Farrell|
|Location||San Bernardino, California|
|Basketball arena||Coussoulis Arena|
|Baseball stadium||Fiscalini Field|
|Softball stadium||Coyote Softball Stadium|
|Soccer stadium||Coyote Premier Field|
|Other arenas||Arrowhead Country Club|
|Colors||Blue and black|
|Men's sports||Women's sports|
|Track and field†|
|† – Track and field includes both indoor and outdoor.|
The athletic department offers baseball, men's and women's basketball, women's cross country, men's golf, men's and women's soccer, softball, women's indoor and outdoor track and field and women's volleyball. The athletic department also sponsors the Coyote Spirit Squad.
Since 1984, the Coyotes have taken many local and regional championships and regularly finish high up in national tournaments. The men's soccer team went to the NCAA Division III national semifinals in 1987 and captured the university's first NCAA Division II California Collegiate Athletic Association title in 1991. In 1997, Scott Householder grabbed the university's sole national championship to date with a 273 for 72 holes, a record that still stands. Men's golf has finished third in the national tournament three times in its history.
The men's baseball team took West Region titles in 1990 and 1991. The men's basketball team has won three West Region titles, eight CCAA championships, and has made one appearance in the NCAA Division II national semifinals.
The CSUSB women's volleyball team has won 14 CCAA and 8 West Region titles, has gone to the NCAA Division II quarter finals in 2017,semifinals three times, in 2003, in 2008, when it advanced to the finals, 2009, 2011 and 2019 when it won the final.
The CSU San Bernardino Coyotes competed in the NCAA Tournament across 7 active sports (3 men's and 4 women's) 55 times at the Division II level.
CSU San Bernardino had 1 Coyote win an NCAA championship at the Division II level.
|NCAA individual championships|
|1||1996–97||Scott Householder||Men's golf|||
- "CSUSB Logo Download Page". Retrieved April 16, 2017.
- "DII women's volleyball championship: Bracket, schedule, scores for the tournament | NCAA.com". www.ncaa.com. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- "Coyotes finish No. 13". California State University of San Bernardino Athletics. Retrieved 2019-12-20.
- "NCAA Championships Statistics". National Collegiate Athletic Association. Retrieved 23 May 2018.
- "Championships Summary" (PDF). National Collegiate Athletic Association. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
- "Division II Men's Golf Championships Records" (PDF). National Collegiate Athletic Association. Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Facilities". csusbathletics.com. Retrieved November 15, 2011.