Corridor of Mirrors (film)
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (October 2017)
Corridor of Mirrors is a 1948 British drama film directed by Terence Young and starring Eric Portman, Edana Romney and Barbara Mullen. It was based on a novel by Chris Massie. It is notable as being the film debut of both Terence Young and Christopher Lee.
|Corridor of Mirrors|
Original British trade ad
|Directed by||Terence Young|
|Produced by||Rudolph Cartier|
|Written by||Rudolph Cartier |
|Based on||novel Corridor of Mirrors by Chris Massie|
|Starring||Eric Portman |
|Music by||Georges Auric|
|Edited by||Douglas Myers|
|Distributed by||General Film Distributors (UK)|
- Eric Portman as Paul Mangin
- Edana Romney as Mifanwy Conway
- Barbara Mullen as Veronica
- Hugh Sinclair as Owen Rhys
- Bruce Belfrage as Sir David Conway
- Alan Wheatley as Edgar Orsen
- Joan Maude as Caroline Hart
- Leslie Weston as Mortimer
- Christopher Lee as Charles
- Hugh Latimer as Bing
- John Penrose as Brandy
- Lois Maxwell as Lois
- Mavis Villiers as Babs
In his 4/5 star review in the Radio Times, David Parkinson wrote, "the more eccentric the action gets (and the more manic Georges Auric's score seems), the more compelling it becomes. In her sole starring venture, Romney (who also co-scripted) isn't quite up to the task. But Portman is magnificently unhinged and Terence Verity's art direction is outstanding."
- "Corridor of Mirrors (1948)". BFI.
- Goble, Alan (8 September 2011). "The Complete Index to Literary Sources in Film". Walter de Gruyter – via Google Books.
- "BFI Screenonline: Young, Terence (1915-1994) Biography". www.screenonline.org.uk.
- Lee, Benjamin; Ellis-Petersen, Hannah (12 June 2015). "Christopher Lee dies at the age of 93" – via www.theguardian.com.
- "Corridor of Mirrors – review | cast and crew, movie star rating and where to watch film on TV and online". Radio Times.
- Geoff Mayer & Brian McDonnell. Encyclopedia of Film Noir. ABC-CLIO, 2007.