This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
CSC is a company founded on 1 January 1899 that operates in a range of sectors. It is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, CSC has offices in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region.
|Type||Privately Held Corporation|
|Industry||Registered Agent, Corporate Governance, Corporate Compliance, Domain Name and Intellectual Property Management|
|Founded||Delaware (1 January 1899)|
|Headquarters||Wilmington, Delaware, USA|
|Products||Corporate services, matter management, entity management, business licenses, UCC searching and filing, lien portfolio management, electronic document recording, and domain management|
Number of employees
CSC was founded in 1899 by Otho Nowland, then president of Equitable Guarantee & Trust Company, and Christopher L. Ward. With an initial investment by Nowland, Ward, and another friend, Willard Jackson, The Delaware Incorporators’ Trust Company was created. A similar company was formed separately by Josiah P. Marvel, an attorney and then-leader of the American Bar Association, The Delaware Bar Association, and the Delaware State Chamber of Commerce.
In 1920, Ward and Marvel combined their two companies under the name Corporation Service Company. Throughout the 1970s, CSC continued to serve only Delaware business entities. WMB Holdings is the parent company of "CSC". CSC Corporate Domains provides services to Apple Inc. and Twitter, among others.
CSC received a cash infusion from the sale of its subsidiary company, the Delaware Charter Guarantee & Trust Company, which it had acquired in 1977. During the September 11 attacks, the company had offices on the 87th floor of the World Trade Center's South Tower. All 60 employees present at the time of the attacks managed to evacuate the tower before the second plane struck. In 2017, CSC opened its new headquarters in Wilmington, Delaware and rebranded from "Corporation Service Company" to "CSC."
Bruce R. Winn began serving as CSC’s president in 1997 and its chief executive officer in 1998. In 2010, CSC announced the election of Rodman Ward III as its president and chief executive officer. Ward previously served as a board member for 15 years and is a fourth-generation descendant of one of the company’s founders, Christopher Ward.
In 1990, CSC acquired Florida-based Corporate Information Services. Between 1989 and 1998, CSC expanded through the acquisitions of nine other service providers, including Prentice Hall Legal & Financial Services in 1995, and Entity Service Group, LLC in 1998.
In 2003, CSC acquired Lexis-Nexis Document Solutions to supplement its Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), secured lending, and motor vehicle services. In 2011, CSC acquired MLM Information Services, the industry's foremost corporate tax management services provider. In 2012, CSC purchased Ingeo Systems, Inc., a provider of electronic real estate document recording (eRecording) services.
In 2013, CSC acquired the corporate domain name and online brand services division of Melbourne IT. The unit operates under a new name, CSC Digital Brand Services, and offers domain name management, trademark searching, phishing protection, secure sockets layer certificates, domain name system services, and new gTLD solutions.
In 2014, CSC announced that it had acquired IP Mirror, a Singapore-based provider of corporate domain name registration and online brand protection services. The acquisition of IP Mirror grew CSC Digital Brand Services’ ability to provide service in the Asia-Pacific region.
CSC acquired several companies in 2015, including Koehler Group. Koehler Group is a Hong Kong-headquartered provider of incorporation, tax, accounting, and trade support services. Koehler Group’s offerings add to CSC’s services and provide CSC with additional business process outsourcing capabilities. CSC currently has offices located throughout North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region.
CSC also made acquisitions in 2016, including NetNames. NetNamesNN, is a European provider of domain name management and online corporate brand protection and specializes in domain name management, Internet monitoring, digital certificate management, and new gTLD management.
- George, Pam (2016). Incorporating a Legacy: The CSC Story, Rehoboth, Delaware: Portfolio Books
- How Delaware Became No. 1 http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F10A1EF7355E157493CBA9178ED85F428785F9
- "Sustaining the Family Business Legacy" (PDF).
- Moore, Martha (September 2, 2002). "Delay meant death on 9/11". USA Today. usatoday.com. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "CSC Opens New Headquarters".
- "CSC Announces Major Rebrand".
- "Incorporated In Delaware: Firm Thrives On The Work CSC Networks Has Been So Successful That It Has Been Able To Expand".
- "LexisNexis selling Illinois unit". www.bizjournals.com. Dayton Business Journal. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- "Electronic Document Recording Corporate Profile".
- "CSC acquires DBS from Melbourne IT".
- "CSC acquires IP Mirror".
- "Corporation Service Company Acquires Koehler Group".
- "Corporation Service Company® (CSC®) acquired NetNames".
- CSC Expands 1989 to 1998
- CSC 9/11 Attacks CSC Employees Unscathed
- CSC 2003 CSC Acquires LexisNexis
- CSC acquires Ingeo
- CSC acquires DBS Melbourne IT
- CSC acquires IP Mirror
- CSC acquires Koehler Group 2015
- CSC acquires NetNames 2016
- CSC acquires NetNames 2016
- CSC Opens New Headquarters
- Corporation Service Company Announces Major Rebrand
- Corporation Service Company (CSC) Official Website