Corporate Animals is a 2019 American comedy horror film directed by Patrick Brice and written by Sam Bain. It stars Jessica Williams, Karan Soni, Isiah Whitlock Jr., Martha Kelly, Dan Bakkedahl, Calum Worthy, Jennifer Kim, Nasim Pedrad, Ed Helms, and Demi Moore.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Patrick Brice|
|Written by||Sam Bain|
|Music by||Michael Yezerski|
|Edited by||Chris Donlon|
|Distributed by||Screen Media Films|
Lucy (Moore) is the egotistical CEO of Incredible Edibles, America's premiere provider of edible cutlery. In her infinite wisdom, Lucy leads her staff, including her long-suffering assistants, Freddie (Karan Soni) and Jess (Jessica Williams), on a corporate team-building caving weekend to New Mexico. When disaster strikes, not even their useless guide Brandon (Helms) can save them. Trapped underground by a cave-in, the mismatched and disgruntled group must pull together to survive amid sexual tension, startling business revelations, and casual cannibalism.
- Demi Moore as Lucy Vanderton
- Ed Helms as Brandon
- Jessica Williams as Jess
- Karan Soni as Freddie
- Isiah Whitlock Jr. as Derek
- Calum Worthy as Aidan
- Dan Bakkedahl as Billy
- Martha Kelly as Gloria
- Nasim Pedrad as Suzy
- Britney Spears as Ghost of herself (voice)
- Jennifer Kim as May
- Wendy Meredith as Victoria
- Courtney Cunningham as Olivia
- LynNita Ellis as a Reporter
- Frank Bond as Ian
In May 2018, Sharon Stone, Ed Helms, Jessica Williams, were announced to be cast in the film, with Patrick Brice directing from a screenplay by Sam Bain. Keith Calder, Jessica Calder, Mike Falbo and Helms will produce the film, under their Snoot Entertainment and Pacific Electric banners, respectively. In June 2018, Demi Moore joined the cast of the film, replacing Stone, alongside Karan Soni, Isiah Whitlock Jr., Calum Worthy, Dan Bakkedahl, Martha Kelly, Jennifer Kim and Nasim Pedrad joined the cast of the film.
It had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival on January 29, 2019. Shortly after, Screen Media Films acquired distribution rights to the film. It was released on September 20, 2019.
Corporate Animals holds a 27% approval rating on review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, based on 48 reviews, with a weighted average of 3.98/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "Corporate culture may seem like easy pickings for satire, but the middling Corporate Animals proves even the broadest targets can be missed." On Metacritic, the film holds a rating of 31 out of 100, based on 14 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".
- "Corporate Animals". Sundance Film Festival. Retrieved December 20, 2018.
- Brown, Tracy (January 28, 2019). "Britney Spears filmed a secret cameo for 'Corporate Animals'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved January 28, 2019.
- Ritman, Alex (May 7, 2018). "Cannes: Sharon Stone Joins 'Corporate Animals'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 17, 2018.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (June 12, 2018). "Demi Moore Joins 'Corporate Animals'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved June 17, 2018.
- "'Corporate Animals' To Film In New Mexico". ladailypost.com. June 15, 2018. Retrieved June 17, 2018.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (December 20, 2018). "Sundance Film Festival 2019 Last Minute Adds: Pics Starring Dakota Johnson, Demi Moore, Armie Hammer, Mark Duplass & More". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved December 20, 2018.
- Hipes, Patrick (February 21, 2019). "Sundance Horror Comedy 'Corporate Animals' Acquired By Screen Media". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 21, 2019.
- Squires, John (July 15, 2019). "'Creep' Director's Horror-Comedy 'Corporate Animals' Moves into New September Release Date". Bloody-Disgusting.com. Retrieved July 15, 2019.
- "Corporate Animals (2019)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved October 28, 2019.
- "Corporate Animals Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved September 22, 2019.