Cornel Lucas published two books of his work, "Heads and Tales" and "Shooting Stars".
Cornel Lucas photographed many movies stars in the late forties and fifties including Marlene Dietrich, David Niven, Gregory Peck, Joan Collins, Yvonne de Carlo, Diana Dors (in a gondola in Venice). He was in charge of the photographic studios set up by The Rank Organisation.
- "Cornel Lucas". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2012-11-14.
- Martin Childs (11 December 2012). "Cornel Lucas: Photographer who made his name as a pioneer of film portraiture - Obituaries". The Independent. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- "Cornel Lucas' Celebrity Portraits: Studio Stars of the Silver Screen". TIME, LightBox. September 11, 2012. Retrieved 2013-10-05.
- Paul Vitello (November 18, 2012). "Cornel Lucas, Photographer Whose Portraits Defined Film Stars, Dies at 92". New York Times. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- Andrew Dawson; Sean Holmes (2 August 2012). Working in the Global Film and Television Industries: Creativity, Systems, Space, Patronage. Bloomsbury Publishing. pp. 136–. ISBN 978-1-78093-021-3.