Command & Conquer: Rivals
|Command and Conquer: Rivals|
|Developer(s)||EA Redwood Studios|
|Series||Command & Conquer|
|Release||4 December 2018|
Command and Conquer: Rivals is a one-versus-one competitive multiplayer real-time strategy game. The player can play as Rivals, GDI or Brotherhood of Nod, with each faction offering unique abilities. Players are tasked to control platforms surrounding the missile silo. If the player manages to gain control of more platforms than the enemy for a fixed time, the missile will launch and obliterate the opponent's base.
The game was revealed at EA Play 2018 with a live gameplay demo, making it the first Command & Conquer game from EA since 2012's Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances. A pre-alpha version of the game was released on Google Play on the same day. Greg Black, who had worked on various Command & Conquer games, was hired to design the game's combat.
Command and Conquer: Rivals was widely criticized by players for being a mobile game instead of a real-time strategy game the franchise is known for. Redwood Studios General Manager Michael Martinez responded by saying that the team hoped to bring a great real-time strategy game for mobile platforms. He also urged fans of the series to give this game a chance.
- "EA Announces Command & Conquer: Rivals Launches Worldwide December 4". Electronic Arts. 30 October 2018. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- Morse, Blake (June 9, 2018). "E3 2018: Command & Conquer: Rivals Announced For Mobile at EA Play". Shacknews. Retrieved June 13, 2018.
- Tarantola, Andrew (June 10, 2018). "Hands-on with 'Command & Conquer Rivals'". Engadget. Retrieved June 13, 2018.
- Campbell, Colin (June 9, 2018). "Command & Conquer: Rivals brings classic strategy to the small screen". Polygon. Retrieved June 13, 2018.
- Goldfarb, Andrew (June 9, 2018). "E3 2018: Command & Conquer: Rivals Announced". IGN. Retrieved June 13, 2018.
- Hodapp, Eli (June 9, 2018). "EA Announces 'Command & Conquer Rivals' With an Android Pre-Alpha Available Today". TorchArcade. Retrieved June 13, 2018.
- "Command & Conquer Rivals for iPhone/iPad Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved February 3, 2019.
- Totilo, Stephen (June 9, 2018). "New Command & Conquer Mobile Game Is Getting Mauled Online". Kotaku. Retrieved June 13, 2018.
- Yin-Poole, Wesley (June 11, 2018). "As the internet slams EA's Command & Conquer mobile game, the developers call for a "fair shake"". Eurogamer. Retrieved June 13, 2018.