Colart, or the Colart Group, is a large international supplier of art materials, with subsidiaries and brands such as Winsor & Newton, Liquitex and Lefranc & Bourgeois. The group's head office is situated in London.
Colart was established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary for the art materials segment of AB Wilh. Becker. As such it is also a wholly owned second-tier subsidiary of Lindéngruppen, a privately held company based in Höganäs, Sweden.
Brands and subsidiariesEdit
- Beckers "A" – Original brand of AB Wilh. Becker, targeting the Scandinavian market. It comprises a series of artist quality oil paints and art supplies.
- Dekorima – Original art supplies brand of AB Wilh. Becker since 1970, also targeting the Scandinavian market.
- Lefranc & Bourgeois – Has a wide range of artists' paints and art supplies. Its oldest branch was established in 1720 in Paris. Acquired by AB Wilh. Becker in 1982.
- Charbonnel – Specialised in products for intaglio, lithography and gilding. Founded in 1862 in Paris. Acquired by Lefranc & Bourgeois in 1988.
- Snazaroo – Face paints. Established in 1989 and owned by ColArt.
- Winsor & Newton – A wide range of artists' paints and art supplies. Founded in 1832 in London. Bought by AB Wilh. Becker in 1990.
- Reeves – A wide range of paints and supplies. Established in 1766 in London. Acquired by AB Wilh. Becker in 1991.
- Liquitex – Specialised in artists' acrylic paints and supplies around that. Was originally established as Permanent Pigments Company in 1933 in Cincinnati. Acquired by ColArt in 2000.
- Conté à Paris – Specialised in pencils and crayons. Established in 1795 in Paris. Bought by ColArt in 2004.
- Letraset – Originally known for dry transfer lettering and associated products. Also specialised in marker pens. Founded in 1959 in London. Acquired by Colart in 2012.
- Elephant Art – Publisher. Established in 2009. Colart became its main owner in May 2017.
- ColArt Warehouse Management System Central Systems & Automation Ltd. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- The brands Archived 2016-11-16 at the Wayback Machine ColArt. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Our Businesses: ColArt Archived 2016-08-08 at archive.today Lindéngruppen AB. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- AB Wilh. Becker AB Wilh. Becker. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- ColArt Worldwide at the Wayback Machine (archived 17 August 2016) Colart. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Colart teams up with Elephant Art to expand global reach Archived 2017-11-07 at the Wayback Machine Colart International, 15 maj 2017. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- ColArt Archived 2019-01-15 at the Wayback Machine ColArt Scandinavia. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Kreatima fyller 70 år Kreatima, October 2010. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Varumärke Dekorima solidinfo.se, retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Notre histoire Archived 2016-05-27 at the Wayback Machine Lefranc & Bourgeois. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Artcraft since 1862 Charbonnel Shop. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Pia Gottschaller. Lucio Fontana: The Artist's Materials Getty Publications, 2012. ISBN 9781606061145 Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- The history of "Conté à Paris" Archived 2016-07-28 at the Wayback Machine Conté à Paris. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- ColArt International. Que vive la couleur Archived 2016-11-04 at the Wayback Machine Le journal des entreprises, november 2009. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- About us Archived 2016-11-04 at the Wayback Machine Letraset. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- Zoe Monk (8 juni 2012). ColArt Group Acquires Letraset Craft Business. Retrieved 3 November 2016.