Cloud Appreciation Society
The Cloud Appreciation Society is a society founded by Gavin Pretor-Pinney from the United Kingdom in January 2005. The society aims to foster understanding and appreciation of clouds, and has over 50,000 members from 120 countries, as of March 2020.
Yahoo! named the society's website as "the most weird and wonderful find on the internet for 2005". The group and its founder were the focus of a BBC documentary Cloudspotting, based on Pretor-Pinney's book The Cloudspotter's Guide. During an episode of Taskmaster, comedian Hugh Dennis revealed he is a member of the society.
- Simons, Paul; Alan Hamilton (27 Jan 2006). "No blue-sky thinking here". The Times. London. Retrieved 2009-05-06.
- "Cloudspotting". BBC Four. British Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 2009-05-04.
- "Hollowing Out a Baguette". Taskmaster. Season 4. Episode 3. 9 May 2017. Dave.
- Rossman, Sean. "We officially have new cloud types for the first time in decades". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2021-01-07.
- Official website
- Article from Times Online
- The New York Times: "The Amateur Cloud Society That (Sort Of) Rattled the Scientific Community," May 8, 2016