Pretor-Pinney attended Westminster School, the University of Oxford, and Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design. He co-founded the magazine The Idler and founded the Cloud Appreciation Society in 2004. He grew up in West London and now also lives in Somerton, Somerset.
Awards and honoursEdit
- "The Cloudspotter's Guide". Conville and Walsh.
- "The joy of cloudspotting: 10 incredible visions in clouds". TED Blog. 2013-07-16. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
- "Expert in idleness is surprise winner of science book prize", The Independent, 18 November 2011
- "The Wavewatcher's Companion".
- "Daily Telegraph review". The Daily Telegraph. London. 13 June 2010.
- "Cloudspotting". BBC.
- "The Secret Life of Waves". BBC.