Clips is a mobile video editing software application created by Apple Inc. It was released onto the iOS App Store on April 6, 2017 for free. It is only available on 64-bit devices running iOS 13.0 or later. Apple describes it as an app for "making and sharing fun videos with text, effects, graphics, and more."
|Initial release||April 6, 2017|
2.1 / January 2020
When the app is launched, the user sees the view of the front-facing camera. The app allows the user to create a new clip by tapping on a red record button, or use photos or videos in the device's photo library. Then, after a clip is recorded, it can be added to a project timeline which is at the bottom of the screen. The user can share their project on social media platforms. The user can also add filters and effects to the project. "Live Titles" (which come in several styles) can also be created by dictating to the device.
- "Apple's Clips iOS app gets new posters, titles and captions, and ClassKit support". Macworld. 2019-04-02. Retrieved 2019-08-29.
- Hall, Zac (2017-04-06). "Apple's new Clips social video editing app for iOS is now available". 9to5Mac. Retrieved 2017-04-07.
- Rossignol, Joe. "Apple's New Social Video Creation App 'Clips' Now Available for iPhone and iPad [Updated]". Retrieved 2017-04-06.
- Kaser, Rachel (2017-04-06). "Apple's Clips app for video is available now". The Next Web. Retrieved 2017-04-07.
- "Apple Clips app 64-bit only, another move suggesting end of 32-bit device support". AppleInsider. Retrieved 2017-04-08.
- "Clips - A New Video App". Apple. Retrieved 2017-04-07.
- Phelan, David. "Clips, The Coolest, Most Fun Thing Apple Has Done In A Long While". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-04-07.
- "Apple's Clips app hits iOS today to make video creation a cinch". Engadget. Retrieved 2017-04-06.
- Clover, Juli. "Hands-On With Apple's New 'Clips' Video App". Retrieved 2017-04-06.
- "Apple's Clips app is iMovie for the next generation". The Verge. 2017-04-06. Retrieved 2017-04-06.
- "Apple just released a new app, and it's a mix between Snapchat and iMovie". Business Insider. Retrieved 2017-04-06.
- "How to record and edit Live Titles in the Clips app | iMore". www.imore.com. Retrieved 2017-04-06.
- Rhodes, Margaret. "The Hidden Breakthrough in Apple's New Video App". WIRED. Retrieved 2017-04-07.