Clinton High School (Clinton, Mississippi)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Clinton High School|
401 Arrow Drive
|Motto||Where Excellence is the ONLY Option|
|School district||Clinton Public School District|
|Color(s)||Red, White, and Black|
|Newspaper||The Arrow Appeal |
- Superintendent: Dr. Tim Martin
- Principal: Brett Robinson
Clinton High School enrolls approximately 1,100 students per year in grades 10–12. It is a separate campus from the Clinton school district's ninth-grade campus, Sumner Hill, which enrolls an additional 350 students. Demographic information about CHS and other schools throughout the Clinton Public School District is posted annually on the Mississippi Department of Education Web site.
Clubs and OrganizationsEdit
Clinton High School offers a variety of clubs and organizations that cater to the students' diverse needs.
- Academic Team
- Anchor Club
- Arrow Players
- Arrow Singers
- Art Club
- Attache Show Choir
- Book Club
- Chemistry Club
- Chess Club
- Color Guard
- Cultural Awareness Society
- DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America)
- Diamond Girls
- FEA (Future Educators Association)
- GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance)
- HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America)
- History Club
- International Thespian Society
- Jazz Band
- Model United Nations
- Mu Alpha Theta
- National Honor Society
- SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions)
- Science Olympiad
- Spanish Club
- Speech and Debate Team (Forensics)
- Student Council
- Winter Guard
- Youth in Government
Clinton Arrows participate in the following sports:
Championships and awardsEdit
- The Clinton High School Arrows football team won the 6A state championship in 2016.
- The Clinton Percussion Indoor Percussion Unit won the WGI (Winter Guard International) Indoor Percussion Open Class World Championship in 2014
- The Clinton High School Arrows soccer team won the class 5A state championship 1991,1993,1994,1996,1997,2005, 2006, 2009 and 6A State Championship in 2012
- The Clinton High School Lady Arrows Track and Field team won the state championship in 2013, 2014, and 2015
- The Clinton High School Lady Kingpins bowling team won the state championship in 2007 and 2008.
- The Clinton High School Lady Arrows basketball team won the state championship in 2005.
- The Clinton High School Boys Cross Country team won the 5A state championship in 2010.
- Clinton High School was designated as a National Blue Ribbon School in 1982–1983.
- Clinton High School was one of only 50 in the nation to earn a Siemens Foundation Award for Advanced Placement in 2009, for the high quality of its college prep courses and instructors.
AP Courses OfferedEdit
Attaché Show ChoirEdit
Clinton's Attaché Show Choir has been considered one of the top show choirs in the nation for several years. Clinton Attaché is under the direction of David and Mary Fehr. Since 1992, Attaché has won 60 out of 68 Grand Champion titles and had won 22 consecutive competitions while competing against elite groups across the nation, which was the longest winning streak in the history of show choir, before placing 2nd at Sullivan in 2008. It has on multiple occasions been ranked the No. 1 show choir in America by the Show Choir Ranking System. Attaché is composed of 43 singers and dancers, 13 pit members, and 15 crew members. The pit is directed by Robert Allen, and the crew is directed by Deborah Morgan. Attaché also has been the host of Show Choir Nationals in Nashville, TN for 12 straight years.
Clinton's Arrow Singers is an award-winning, all-superior rated choral program. The Arrow Singers are under the direction of renowned pianist and music educator Carol Joy Sparkman. The Arrow Singers consist of six choirs:
- Arrow401 – SSAA choir a Capella choir
- Diversity- SATB a Capella choir
- Belles Voix – beginner's SSAA choir
- Vivace – advanced SSAA choir
- Varsity Men – TTBB choir
- Colla Voce – SATB choir
Arrow Singers frequently perform with Distinguished Concerts International New York. In 2016, they performed at Carnegie Hall. In 2018, they performed at Lincoln Center.
Clinton Arrow BandsEdit
- Color Guard
- Indoor Percussion
- Marching Band
- Concert Band
- Lions Band
- "CLINTON HS". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved March 13, 2019.
- "Thearrowappeal.com". thearrowappeal.com.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-03-26. Retrieved 2013-01-08.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-09-24. Retrieved 2008-09-04.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- http://www.showchoirranks.com Archived 2010-09-27 at the Wayback Machine