The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for web content. (May 2020)
Type of site
|Created by||Scott Cooney|
|Revenue||Advertisement, optional subscription|
|Launched||January 7, 2008|
CleanTechnica publishes stories on a wide range of topics that are cited by mainstream media such as Business Insider (on Lindsey Graham), Reuters (on nanotech for energy storage), ThinkProgress (on wind power in Texas), The Washington Post (on suburban living), Forbes (on the Byton M-Byte) and Slate (on mask stockpiling during the COVID-19 pandemic). ThinkProgress have also published their stories in full.
In addition to their own stories CleanTechnica publish interviews with notable individuals within clean technology such as fellow at the Post Carbon Institute Richard Heinberg. In collaboration with the quarterly magazine The Beam Magazine CleanTechnica publish their stories. Starting in 2015 CleanTechnica have held an annual vote among its readers to select a Car of the Year.
The site director is Zach Shahan, who in 2013 was found by an Appinions Auto Tech Influence Study to be a top 20 influencer in fuel economy with the top three being Elon Musk, The New York Times's John Broder and Barack Obama.
- "Our Team". cleantechnica.com. Retrieved 2020-04-30.
- "cleantechnica.co WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info – DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2020-04-30.
- "Cleantech News — #1 In EV, Solar, Wind, Tesla News". cleantechnica.com. Retrieved 2020-04-30.
- Hockenson, Lauren (2012-06-10). "5 Startups Improving Society Through Technology". Mashable. Retrieved 2020-04-30.
- Winfrey, Graham (2010-01-08). "Republican Senator Lindsey Graham Defects To Climate Change Activist!". businessinsider.com. Archived from the original on 2011-10-20. Retrieved 2020-05-16.
- Kuo, Iris (2010-09-29). "On the GreenBeat: Amyris weathers first day of trading, California to double solar capacity". reuters.com. Archived from the original on 2010-10-27. Retrieved 2020-05-16.
- Spross, Jeff (2014-03-31). "Wind Reaches Its Highest Generation Level Ever In Texas, Heralding A Challenge To Natural Gas". thinkprogress.org. Archived from the original on 2020-05-16. Retrieved 2020-05-16.
- Mooney, Chris (2014-12-24). "How solar power and electric cars could make suburban living awesome again". washingtonpost.com. Archived from the original on 2016-01-11. Retrieved 2020-05-16.
- Blanco, Sebastian (2018-08-30). "Byton's First Drivable M-Byte Prototype Ready For Testing". forbes.com. Retrieved 2020-05-16.
- Hadavas, Chloe (2020-03-25). "Why Did Tech Companies Stockpile Millions of Medical Masks?". slate.com. Archived from the original on 2020-03-25. Retrieved 2020-05-16.
- Marcacci, Silvio (2012-08-15). "Michigan Renewable Energy Ballot Initiative Would Double State's Green Jobs, Concludes Study". cleantechnica.com. Archived from the original on 2020-05-16. Retrieved 2020-05-16 – via thinkprogress.org.
- Heinberg, Richard (2017-04-21). "Heinberg interview published at CleanTechnica". postcarbon.org. Archived from the original on 2017-09-25. Retrieved 2020-05-16.
- "The Beam, Author at CleanTechnica". cleantechnica.com. Retrieved 2020-05-16.
- "Partners". the-beam.com. Retrieved 2020-05-16.
- Field, Kyle (2015-11-30). "Announcing the CleanTechnica Car of the Year Award". cleantechnica.com. Retrieved 2020-05-16.
- "Appinions Auto Tech Influence Study". Appinions. 2013-03-26. Retrieved 2020-04-30.
- Garthwaite, Josie (2009-02-27). "Will Cali's Latest Wave Power Project Sink or Sail With Regulators?". nytimes.com. Archived from the original on 2014-12-26. Retrieved 2020-05-16.