Civic Duty (film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Jeff Renfroe|
|Produced by||Andrew Lanter|
|Written by||Andrew Joiner|
Khaled Abol Naga
|Music by||Terry Huud|
|Edited by||Erik Hammarberg|
|Distributed by||Freestyle Releasing|
The film is about an American accountant bombarded with cable news and the media's obsession with terrorist plots in the post 9/11 world, who receives a jolt when an unattached Islamic graduate student moves in next door.
- Peter Krause as Terry Allen
- Khaled Abol Naga as Gabe Hassan
- Richard Schiff as FBI Agent Tom Hilary
- Kari Matchett as Marla Allen
- Ian Tracey as Lieutenant Randall Lloyd
- Vanesa Tomasino as Bank Teller
- Laurie Murdoch as Loan Officer
- Michael Roberds as Post Office Clerk
- Agam Darshi as Nurse
- Mark Brandon as Night Anchor Bret Anderson
- Brenda Crichlow as Day Anchor Tricia Wise
- Val Cole as Morning Anchor Susan Harwood
- Mark Docherty as News Reporter Chad Winslow
- Michael St. John Smith as Legal Analyst
- P. Lynn Johnson as Governor Bradley
Richard Nilsen, film critic for The Arizona Republic, liked the film at times, but gave the film a mixed review. He wrote, "It does build up considerable suspense and tension; Renfroe has learned well from Hitchcock. And the final confrontation builds to a harrowing pitch. But that can't rescue the film from a silly, melodramatic finish."
Gabe Hassan (played by actor Khaled Abol Naga, who is a star in his native Egypt, perhaps the most handsome would-be modern day terrorist ever) gives an inspired performance as the terrorist / grad student who challenges the lunatic (Peter Krause) that has him captive and effectively glides over a range of emotions
- Civic Duty on IMDb
- Nilsen, Richard. "The Arizona Republic, film review, May 4, 2007. Last accessed: June 13, 2010.
- "Peter Krause Returns In 'Civic Duty'". Retrieved 2017-01-22.
- Collura, Scott (2007-05-04). "Civic Duty". IGN. Retrieved 2017-01-22.
- United, Film Critics. "Civic Duty". filmcriticsunited.com. Retrieved 2017-01-22.