Freestyle Releasing is an independent film distributor founded in 2004, specializing in releasing films theatrically. Unlike most distributors, Freestyle Releasing does not put up any prints and advertising money for its releases.
|Mark Borde (President)|
Number of employees
|Divisions||Freestyle Digital Media|
Freestyle has a service distribution deal with Jeff Clanagan for a line of African-American movies called Code Black.
Freestyle Releasing was founded in 2004 by Susan Jackson, Mark Borde and Mike Doban, formerly at United Artists Theaters. By January 2006, Jackson started the DVD label Freestyle Home Entertainment as an adjunct for additional leeway in its deal making. The company booked Winter Passing and Find Me Guilty for Yari Film Group in 2006. Jackson and Borde in 2010 formed Freestyle Digital Media, a film aggregator for the video on demand market.
By May 2011, Doban left to be chief operating officer at Sycamore Entertainment Group, a film prints and advertising (P&A) financing firm. Jackson died in October 2014. In October 2015 Byron Allen's Entertainment Studios acquired Freestyle for an undisclosed amount "said to be sealed for high-eight figures".
- The Illusionist ($40 million)
- The Haunting of Molly Hartley ($14 million)
- Dragon Wars ($11 million)
- An American Haunting (2006; $17 million)
- Bottle Shock (2008; $5 million)
- The Collector ($8 million)
- My One and Only ($3 million)
- N’Secure ($3 million)
- Crooked Arrows ($2 million)
- Me and Orson Welles (November 25, 2009; $1.5 million)
- The Heart Specialist ($1.5 million)
- God's Not Dead (2013; $60.7 million) 
- Left Behind (2014)
- Woodlawn (October 2015)
- Fighting Tommy Riley, DVD and funding
- A Foreign Affair, DVD and funding
- Spin DVD and funding. starred Stanley Tucci
- Dot the i (Summit Entertainment)
- Riding the Bullet (MPCA) with David Arquette, Barbara Hershey and Cliff Robertson
- Modigliani (Bauer Martinez Studio) starring Andy Garcia
- Hair Show
- Preaching to the Choir
- The Nutcracker in 3D ($16.2 Million)
- The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure ($1.1 million)
- Danger One (September 2018) starring Tom Everett Scott and Denis O'Hare
- Toumarkine, Doris (January 5, 2006). "Freestyle Approach". Film Journal International. Retrieved October 16, 2017.
- Busch, Anita (2015-10-22). "Byron Allen's Entertainment Studios Acquires Indie Freestyle Releasing". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-10-03.
- Goldstein, Patrick (September 16, 2009). "The Big Picture". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2017-10-03.
- Sneider, Jeff (October 14, 2014). "Susan Jackson, Co-Founder of Freestyle Releasing, Dead at 54". TheWrap.
- Fischer, Michael S. (May 12, 2011). "So You Want To Be In Movies?". Private Wealth Magazine. Charter Financial Publishing Network Inc. pp. 1, 3. Retrieved October 16, 2017.