|Churchill County High School|
1222 South Taylor Street
Fallon, NV 89406
|School district||Churchill County School District|
|Student to teacher ratio||14.70|
|Color(s)||Green and White|
|Athletics conference||Northern Nevada Division 1A|
Education standards are very high, with Churchill County's Academic Team being placed 1st in the Nevada Academic League in results published in April 2006, and a teacher at the School, Steve Johnson, being a winner of the Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching, the Nation's highest honors for teachers of mathematics and science, in 1999.
- Alan Bible, lawyer and politician, served as a United States Senator from Nevada from 1954 to 1974.
- Harvey Dahl, football offensive guard for the St. Louis Rams - Jersey #59 retired in January 2009.
- Josh Mauga, football player for the Kansas City Chiefs - Jersey Number 30 retired on October 27, 2011
- Aarik Wilson, long jumper and triple jumper; athlete in the 2008 Summer Olympics
Churchill County High School has a long history of students serving in the uniform services as well as being accepted into prominent academic institutions.
In November 2006 closed circuit television was installed, the first school in the state to have such a comprehensive system, and has proven effective in enhancing discipline.
Pellet gun incidentEdit
On January 22, 2020, a male student brought a pneumatic pellet gun into his classroom. He did not harm any students. He was later arrested the next day for possession of a weapon on school grounds.
- "Churchill County High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved March 12, 2021.
- Welfare, United States Congress Senate Committee on Labor and Public (1949). Hearings. U.S. Government Printing Office.
- "Back to School" Archived 2007-02-18 at the Wayback Machine, Lahontan Valley News
- "Churchill County High School", Great Schools
- "Notice of Regular Meeting", Churchill County Board of School Trustees, April 27, 2006
- "Churchill County High School Tour - NTS and Yucca Mountain" Archived 2007-09-28 at the Wayback Machine, ChurchillCounty.org, 2003
- Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching
- Elliot, Gary E. (1994). Senator Alan Bible and the Politics of the New West. Reno: University of Nevada Press.
- Dahl's High School Jersey To Be Retired Archived 2016-03-03 at the Wayback Machine, KOLO8 News
- "Cameras installed at CCHS", Nevada Appeal, January 6, 2007
- "Meth brochure" Archived 2007-07-23 at the Wayback Machine, Churchill Coalition
- Ranson, Steve. "Churchill County Sheriff's Office arrests student for having gun at school". www.nevadaappeal.com. Retrieved 2020-02-18.
- Staff. "Student arrested for bringing pellet gun to school in Fallon". www.kolotv.com. Retrieved 2020-02-18.