|Born||22 November 1956|
|Alma mater||University of Cambridge|
|Awards||Sir Archibald Gray Medal (2019)|
|Institutions||University College London|
Imperial College London
Early life and educationEdit
Bunker was educated at Wycliffe College, Gloucestershire, St Catharine's College, Cambridge and Westminster Hospital Medical School, London. He was trained in general medicine in London, Derby and Oxford, and received his dermatologist training in London. In 1992, he received the Cambridge University Sir Walter Langdon-Brown Prize for his postgraduate MD research on CGRP in Raynaud's phenomenon.
Bunker currently is a Consultant Dermatologist at University College Hospital, London, and holds honorary professorships at Imperial College London and University College London. With an h-index of 41, he has authored over 350 papers, letters, chapters and books.
Being an expert in the field of male genital dermatology, Bunker wrote the book Male Genital Skin Disease and over 60 peer-reviewed journal articles on the subject. He has established dedicated male-genital skin-disease clinics at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and University College Hospital, and a successful private practice at King Edward VII's Hospital, London. His other areas of expertise within dermatology include medical dermatology, HIV dermatology, inpatient dermatology and severe drug reactions. He has co-authored national guidelines for the management of lichen sclerosus, severe drug reactions and HIV-associated malignancies.
Bunker was elected President of the British Association of Dermatologists in 2012 and held this office until 2014. He also sat on the Council of the Royal College of Physicians between 2012 and 2014, and is currently[when?] honorary secretary of the British Skin Foundation research charity.
In 2019, he was awarded the Sir Archibald Gray Medal for outstanding services to dermatology.
- Who's Who 2019. A & C Black Bloomsbury Publishing plc Oxford University Press. 2018. ISBN 978-1408181201.
- "EADV News". The OD. Vol. 53. EADV. 2014. p. 20.
- "Chris Bunker". Google Scholar. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- Bunker, Christopher (2014). Male Genital Skin Disease. Saunders, Ltd. ISBN 978-0702027604.
- "Books". Bruceshrink.co.uk. Retrieved 12 January 2020.
- Hendrickson, W. A.; Ward, K. B. (1975). "Bunker CB (Author) -PubMed - NCBI". Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 66 (4): 1349–56. doi:10.1016/0006-291x(75)90508-2. PMID 5.
- Creamer, D.; Walsh, S.A.; Dziewulski, P.; Exton, L.S.; Lee, H.Y.; Dart, J.K.G.; Setterfield, J.; Bunker, C.B.; Ardern‐Jones, M.R.; Watson, K.M.T.; Wong, G.A.E.; Philippidou, M.; Vercueil, A.; Martin, R.V.; Williams, G.; Shah, M.; Brown, D.; Williams, P.; Mohd Mustapa, M.F.; Smith, C.H.; McHenry, P.M.; Hughes, J.R.; Griffiths, M.; Gibbon, K.; McDonagh, A.J.; Buckley, D.A.; Nasr, I.; Swale, V.J.; Duarte Williamson, C.E.; et al. (2016). "U.K. guidelines for the management of Stevens–Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis in adults 2016". British Journal of Dermatology. 174 (6): 1194–1227. doi:10.1111/bjd.14530. PMID 27317286. S2CID 207074619.
- Bower, Mark; Palfreeman, A.; Alfa-Wali, Maryam; Bunker, Chris; Burns, Fiona; Churchill, Duncan; Collins, Simon; Cwynarski, Kate; Edwards, Simon; Fields, Paul; Fife, Kate; Gallop-Evans, Eve; Kassam, Shireen; Kulasegaram, Ranjababu; Lacey, Charles; Marcus, Robert; Montoto, Sylvia; Nelson, Mark; Newsom-Davis, Tom; Orkin, Chloe; Shaw, Kate; Tenant-Flowers, Melinda; Webb, Andrew; Westwell, Sarah; Williams, Matt (2014). "British HIV Association guidelines for HIV-associated malignancies 2014". HIV Medicine. 15: 1–92. doi:10.1111/hiv.12136. PMID 24528810.
- Lewis, F.M.; Tatnall, F.M.; Velangi, S.S.; Bunker, C.B.; Kumar, A.; Brackenbury, F.; Mohd Mustapa, M.F.; Exton, L.S.; McHenry, P.M.; Leslie, T.A.; Wakelin, S.; Hunasehally, R.Y.P.; Cork, M.; Johnston, G.A.; Chiang, N.; Worsnop, F.S.; Buckley, D.; Petrof, G.; Salin, A.; Callachand, N.; Saunders, C.; Salad, A.A. (2018). "British Association of Dermatologists guidelines for the management of lichen sclerosus, 2018". British Journal of Dermatology. 178 (4): 839–853. doi:10.1111/bjd.16241. PMID 29313888.
- "Past Officers". British Association of Dermatologists. Retrieved 8 January 2020.
- "British Skin Foundation - Charity number: 1171373". Charity Commission for England and Wales. Retrieved 17 September 2020.