Chris Vos (born 25 February 1998 in Haarlem, Netherlands) is a Dutch para-snowboarder. At age five Vos got into an accident which resulted in his right leg being paralyzed. Vos currently lives in Noordbeemster, Netherlands. He has a relationship with Lisa Bunschoten.
|Born||25 February 1998|
|Coached by||Bibian Mentel, Frank Germann|
Vos qualified for the 2014 Winter Paralympics in Sotsji, Russia. He did this by coming in fourth in the Europa Cup in Landgraaf, Netherlands. He participated in the boardercross event where he ranked 13th.
Vos and Lisa Bunschoten were the flagbearers for the Netherlands during the opening ceremony of the 2022 Winter Paralympics in Beijing, China. He won the silver medal in the men's banked slalom SB-LL1 event.
In 2015, Vos was invited to participate in the X Games. The X Games are an annual event held in Aspen, Colorado, U.S. The event is invite only. Vos reached the finals and ultimately ranked 8th. He was invited once more in 2016.
In 2010, Vos participated in a Dutch TV show called Cappies Award which was broadcast by TROS and presented by Lucille Werner. The show aimed to show the things handicapped children could do, rather than the things they couldn't. In the show Vos was introduced to Bibian Mentel who gave him a medal for his effort. Mentel proclaimed that she hoped that she and Vos would participate in the 2014 Winter Paralympics together, which happened.
- Official Website Chris Vos, retrieved: 20 March 2018
- Paralympisch.nl Profile Sochi 2014, retrieved: 20 March 2018
- Paralympic.org bio, retrieved: 20 March 2018
- Vos dolblij met zilver op Snowboardcross, Nos.nl, retrieved: 20 March 2018
- Chris Vos Junior World Champion Para-Snowboarden 2012 on YouTube, retrieved: 20 March 2018
- "Lisa Bunschoten grateful to be flying the flag with boyfriend Vos at Beijing 2022". Paralympic.org. 26 February 2022. Retrieved 26 February 2022.
- "Lisa Bunschoten en Chris Vos vlaggendragers TeamNL bij opening Paralympische Spelen". NOC*NSF (in Dutch). 3 February 2022. Retrieved 6 February 2022.
- "Snowboarders Bunschoten en Vos vlaggendragers bij opening Paralympics". NU.nl (in Dutch). 3 February 2022. Retrieved 6 February 2022.
- "Snowboarding Results Book" (PDF). 2022 Winter Paralympics. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 March 2022. Retrieved 12 March 2022.
- Official Bio, AdaptiveChris.com
- Beemster Sportpenning voor Chris Vos, Beemster.net, retrieved: 20 March 2018
- Athlete of the Month Profile, Paralympic.org, retrieved: 20 March 2018