Christopher Mark Nineham (born June 1962) is a British political activist and founder member of the Stop the War Coalition serving as National Officer and Deputy Chair of the Stop the War Coalition in the UK. He served under Jeremy Corbyn from 2011 to 2015. He was one of the main organisers of the 15 February 2003 anti-war protest against the invasion on Iraq.
|Deputy Chair of the Stop the War Coalition|
|Assumed office |
21 September 2001
|Vice President||Lindsey German|
|Preceded by||Office established|
Christopher Mark Nineham
Christopher Mark Nineham was born in June 1962. His father was the Reverend Professor Dennis Nineham, the former warden of Keble College, University of Oxford. He was educated at Westminster School.
He briefly attended Clare College, Cambridge in 1981.
He was a leading member of Globalise Resistance, the anti-globalisation network that protested in Genoa and elsewhere and he played a role in the European and World Social Forums. He was a member of the Trotskyist Socialist Workers' Party for many years until he resigned in 2010.
Nineham is deputy leader of the Stop the War Coalition. He has written on the anti-war movement and the anti-capitalist movement as well as on the media, modernism and cultural theory, and is the author of The People Versus Tony Blair and Capitalism and Class Consciousness: the ideas of [[Georg Luk�cs]].
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 1 September 2013. Retrieved 2015-07-24.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Kennedy, Dominic (15 October 2016). "Stop the War chief accused of hypocrisy". The Times. Retrieved 15 October 2016. (subscription required)
- Norman, Matthew (6 February 2002). "Diary". The Guardian. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- Peter Manson "Left Platform throws in the towel[permanent dead link]", Weekly Worker, 18 February 2010
- "Author Chris Nineham". Counterfire.org. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- "People v. Tony Blair, The || Zero Books || Book Info". Zero Books. 31 May 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- [http://www.counterfire.org/index.php/theory/37-theory/6368-capitalism-and-class-consciousness-the-ideas-of-georg-lukacs "Capitalism and Class Consciousness: The Ideas of Georg Luk�cs"]. Counterfire.org. Retrieved 17 October 2016. replacement character in
|title=at position 59 (help)