|Secretary of the Attorney-General's Department|
|Assumed office |
15 September 2014
1962 (age 57–58)
|Alma mater||University of Melbourne|
Australian National University
Life and careerEdit
From November 2002 to December 2006, Moriatis held the position of Senior Legal Adviser in the Department. Between 2006 and 2009, Moraitis was Australian High Commissioner to Papua New Guinea. In April 2013 he was appointed a Deputy Secretary at the foreign affairs department, serving less than 18 months in the role before being promoted in September 2014 to head the Attorney-General's Department, his first job outside DFAT since he commenced his public service career.
Moraitis was awarded a Public Service Medal in June 2014 for "outstanding public service to Australia's international affairs as Australia's High Commissioner to Port Moresby and in senior legal and corporate roles at the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade".
- Attorney-General's Department, Biographical details—Chris Moraitis PSM, Australian Government, archived from the original on 31 January 2015
- Downer, Alexander (23 November 2006). "Diplomatic Appointment: High Commissioner To Papua New Guinea" (Press release). Australian Government. Archived from the original on 11 February 2014.
- Marshall, Steve (23 November 2006). "Moraitis appointed High Commissioner to PNG". Australian Broadcasting Commission. Archived from the original on 31 January 2015.
- Hook, Donald (12 January 2010), New high commissioner has PNG background, archived from the original on 31 January 2015
- Mannheim, Markus (3 September 2014). "Chris Moraitis joins the top table in Abbott's latest reshuffle of department heads". The Canberra Times. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 3 September 2014.
- Abbott, Tony (3 September 2014). "Appointment of Departmental Secretaries" (Press release). Australian Government. Archived from the original on 2 January 2015.
- "New secretary appointments for Health, Attorney-General's", The Mandarin, Private Media, 3 September 2014, archived from the original on 31 January 2015
- "Search Australian Honours: MORAITIS, Christos (Public Service Medal)", itsanhonour.gov.au, Australian Government, archived from the original on 31 January 2015
| Australian High Commissioner to Papua New Guinea
2006 – 2009
| Secretary of the Attorney-General's Department