Christopher Charles Hawkins
23 September 1975
|Education||University of Nottingham|
|Known for||Presenting the early breakfast show on BBC Radio 6 Music|
Hawkins is a presenter on BBC Radio 6 Music. His show is weekdays, 05:00–07:30 and weekends, 05:00–7:00. He can also be heard presenting documentary programmes on BBC Radio 4 and makes occasional appearances on BBC Radio 2 and BBC Radio 5 live.
He makes frequent TV appearances as a personality pundit and pop-culture expert.
Early life, educationEdit
Hawkins did his university studies at the University of Nottingham, where he obtained a degree in American Studies, and spent some time at Middlebury College in the United States as an exchange student. Also, as a school boy at the independent school Ellesmere College in Ellesmere, Shropshire, he spent some time at the Tabor Academy in the United States, on an English-Speaking Union scholarship.
He has worked for the BBC World Service doing the UK Album Chart Show and the UK Top 20, presented a daily show on GLR 94.9 (BBC London 94.9) for over two years, Talk Radio UK as a reporter and producer, BBC London Live, Real Radio, American College Radio, Jazz FM in London and Classic Gold.
He co-presented a radio talk show with psychic Becky Walsh on Friday nights on LBC 97.3 FM radio and had his own show on LBC 97.3 on Saturday afternoons.
As a music journalist, he writes a music column for London magazines, including the music review section of Angel magazine.
In November 2009, Chris and Clare had their first child, a baby girl, Sienna.
Chris and his family reside in Manchester, UK.
- Chris has appeared on Celebrity Mastermind (his specialist subject was Coronation Street), he represented the University of Nottingham on Celebrity University Challenge, winning their heat, but failing to make the semi-finals.
- He has also appeared on Pointless Celebrities and Harry Hill's TV Burp.
- "Agency Biography/CV: Chris Hawkins" Archived 3 September 2011 at the Wayback Machine, McLean-Williams Management, London.
- Van Voris, Richard, "Our Drama Exchange", Tabor Academy News, March 1, 2015
- Reagle,Chris, "English students forge bonds at Tabor Academy", South Coast Today newspaper, New Bedford, Massachusetts, April 1, 1998 (Updated Jan 11, 2011)
- "Believe in Tomorrow: Prince's Trust Annual Review 2008–2010" Archived 12 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine, Prince's Trust, March 2011. Cf. p.35
- "DJ’s dash to see birth of daughter", Shropshire Star, Saturday 14 November 2009
- Freaky Eaters – "Addicted to Junk Food" episode, Series 2, BBC programme website
- Slade, Jane, "Weather girl tunes in to better life in the north", Daily Express, Property, 29 February 2012
- Reeder, Janet, "How Wilmslow and the North won over TV presenter Clare Nasir and Chris Hawkins", Cheshire Life, May 23, 2013
- "BBC – 6music – Chris Hawkins biography". 18 September 2002. Archived from the original on 18 September 2002.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 29 December 2016. Retrieved 6 March 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- 6 Music Live Hour (BBC Radio 6 Music)
- 6 Music's Jukebox (BBC Radio 6 Music)
- Chris Hawkins (BBC Radio 6 Music)
- 6 Music Classic Concert (BBC Radio 6 Music)
- Chris Hawkins on IMDb
- Chris Hawkins on Instagram
- Chris Hawkins on Twitter
- Chris Hawkins Official Home on the Web (archived 2016)
- Old Ellesmerian Club article on Chris Hawkins – June 2005, p.19