Chip (association football)
A chip is a shot in which the ball is kicked from underneath with accuracy but with less than maximum force, to launch it high into the air in order either to pass it over the heads of opponents or to score a goal. 
In general, the chip requires that the player strike the ball with the front of his foot, using the toe to lift the ball up in the air. Mostly used to score, focuses on getting the ball to a certain amount of vertical height, where the goalkeeper can't reach it and then have it come back down again into goal. It takes a certain amount of technique and precision to do and players such as Raúl González, Cristiano Ronaldo, Roberto Baggio, Romário, Francesco Totti, Alessandro Del Piero and Lionel Messi have made it trademark moves.
- "Chip shot". Merriam-Webster. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "How to chip a soccer ball". WikiHow. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "The Soccer Shooting Guide". Soccer-training-guide.com. Retrieved 2010-08-22.
- Joel del Río (22 February 2017). "The art of the chip: Falcao matches Totti, Messi and Raul". Marca. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- Dave Taylor (5 May 2014). "Baggio's month of May". Football Italia. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- Gilbert, Dan (22 July 2009). "Calcio Italia 150 issue, Calcio Icons, Del Piero". Channel4.com. Archived from the original on 4 January 2009. Retrieved 26 May 2012.