|Chile at the|
2006 Winter Olympics
|NOC||Chilean Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||9 (5 men, 4 women) in 2 sports|
|Flag bearers||Daniela Anguita (opening) |
Marco Zúñiga (closing)
|Winter Olympics appearances (overview)|
7 of Chile's 9 athletes in Turin participated in alpine skiing, including the country's top finisher, Noelle Barahona, who was 30th in the women's combined. The 15-year-old was more than 35 seconds behind the gold medal winner, and more than 20 behind the next-to-last finisher, but did complete all three runs, something 15 other competitors were unable to do.
|Run 1||Run 2||Run 3||Total||Rank|
|Daniela Anguita||Women's super-G||Did not finish|
|Noelle Barahona||Women's combined||47.62||56.39||1:42.61||3:26.62||30|
|Macarena Benvenuto||Women's super-G||n/a||1:41.52||50|
|Mikael Gayme||Men's downhill||n/a||1:55.73||41|
|Maui Gayme||Men's downhill||n/a||1:56.10||42|
|Duncan Grob||Men's super-G||n/a||1:36.24||44|
|Men's giant slalom||Did not finish|
|Jorge Mandrú||Men's downhill||n/a||1:58.77||49|
Note: In the men's combined, run 1 is the downhill, and runs 2 and 3 are the slalom. In the women's combined, run 1 and 2 are the slalom, and run 3 the downhill.
Zúñiga finished second-to-last in both his events, while Isbej was last in each of hers.
|Verónica Isbej||Women's sprint||33:52.0||4||83|
|Marco Zúñiga||Men's sprint||33:38.1||1||89|
- "Flagbearers for the Opening Ceremony". Retrieved 22 February 2009.
- "Flagbearers for the Closing Ceremony". Archived from the original on 15 January 2012. Retrieved 22 February 2009.
- Diego Bastarrica (19 February 2006). "Noelle Barahona: "Mi participación en los Juegos Olímpicos fue increíble"". Cooperativa.cl. Retrieved 27 May 2009.
- "Torino 2006 Official Report - Alpine Skiing" (PDF). Torino Organizing Committee. LA84 Foundation. March 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-06-12. Retrieved 27 May 2009.
- "Torino 2006 Official Report - Biathlon" (PDF). Torino Organizing Committee. LA84 Foundation. March 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-06-12. Retrieved 27 May 2009.