This article has multiple issues. Please help to improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Chike-Ezekpeazu Osebuka (born January 28, 1993), popularly known by his stage name CHIKE, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter and actor. He is known for participating in the Nigerian reality competition Project Fame West Africa and finishing in second place on Season 1 of The Voice Nigeria. Chike made his acting debut as Mayowa Badmus on the Africa Magic Showcase telenovela Battleground.
|Birth name||Chike-Ezekpeazu Osebuka|
|Also known as||Chike|
|Born||January 28, 1993|
Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Actor|
|Associated acts||Phyno, Ric Hassani, Simi, Mayorkun|
Early life & EducationEdit
Chike is a native of Onitsha, Anambra State in Nigeria. He comes from a family of four children. His family was musically talented, which influenced his decision to pursue a career in music. He is a graduate of Covenant University with a degree in Computer Engineering.
The Voice NigeriaEdit
In the battle round, he performed Mario's "Let Me Love You" with another Team Patoranking contestant and was chosen to move to the next round. In the first week of live shows, he performed "Not the Girl" by co-coach Dare Art Alade and earned a save from his coach. In the second week of live shows, he performed The Weeknd's "Earned It" and was saved by public votes. He also performed a rendition of "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers and earned his coach's final save of the season. For the semi-finals, he performed "Pullover" by Kcee and Wizkid. In the finale, Chike performed covers of Bob Marley and the Wailers's "No Woman No Cry" and Kiss Daniel's "Mama". He finished as the runner-up of the season, with A'rese from Team Waje coming in first place.
After The Voice NigeriaEdit
After The Voice Nigeria, Chike was signed to Universal Republic along with the other top four contestants on the show. He released his debut single Fancy U in December 2016 under Universal Republic, with its music video being released in early 2017. Chike was also made an ambassador for Airtel Nigeria along with the other seven finalists of The Voice Nigeria.
In April 2017, it was confirmed that Chike had been cast by Africa Magic to play the role of Mayowa Badmus in a television drama named Battleground. Chike departed from Universal Republic in November 2017 to become an independent artist. He released his next single, titled "Beautiful People," in February 2018.
Chike released his 14-track album titled Boo of the Booless.' with a special performance on the 2020 Big Brother Lockdown tv show.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2021||Net Honours||Most Played RnB Song||"Running to You" (featuring Simi)||Nominated|||
- Isaac, Michael (2020-02-29). "SPOTLIGHT: Meet The Creative Mind Of Actor, Singer Chike". Information Nigeria. Retrieved 2020-11-06.
- "Chike-Ezekpeazu Osebuka". IMDb. Retrieved 2020-11-06.
- "The Voice Nigeria". The Voice Nigeria. Archived from the original on 2017-02-03. Retrieved 2017-12-21.
- "7 Famous Nigerian Musicians Who Studied At Covenant University (Photos) - Opera News". za.opera.news. Retrieved 2020-11-06.
- Izuzu, Chidumga. "Project Fame 8: One evicted, judges pull surprise as race for prize gets intense [Video]". Retrieved 2017-12-21.
- Editor, Online (2016-06-18). "The Voice Nigeria Chike 'Ranking' Goes to Battle". THISDAYLIVE. Retrieved 2017-12-21.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Isaac, Michael (2020-02-29). "SPOTLIGHT: Meet The Creative Mind Of Actor, Singer Chike". Information Nigeria. Retrieved 2021-01-22.
- GossipBoyz (2017-03-04). "AUDIO+VIDEO: The Voice Nigeria's First Runner Up, Chike debuts new song – 'Fancy U' [DOWNLOAD]". GossipBoyz. Retrieved 2021-01-22.
- Battleground: Africa Magic (TV Series 2017– ) - IMDb, retrieved 2021-01-22
- "Chike - Beautiful People (Prod by Doron Clinton) « tooXclusive". tooXclusive. 2018-01-28. Retrieved 2021-01-22.
- "Net Honours - The Class of 2021". Nigerian Entertainment Today. Retrieved 2021-09-07.