The Chennai Egmore–Tuticorin Link Express is an Express train belonging to Southern Railway zone that runs between Chennai Egmore and Tuticorin in India. It is currently being operated with 16129/16130 train numbers on a daily basis. It is also called Koodal Express or Kudal Express.
|First service||31 July 2013|
|Current operator(s)||Southern Railway zone|
|Termini||Chennai Egmore (MS)|
|Distance travelled||652 km (405 mi)|
|Average journey time||12h 15m|
|Service frequency||Daily [a]|
|Line(s) used||Chord Line|
|Class(es)||Second Sitting, General Unreserved|
|Catering facilities||On-board catering, |
|Observation facilities||ICF coach, large windows|
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Operating speed||53 km/h (33 mph), including halts|
The 16129/Chennai Egmore–Tuticorin Link Express has an average speed of 53 km/hr and covers 652 km in 12h 15m. The 16130/Tuticorin–Chennai Egmore Link Express has an average speed of 51 km/hr and covers 652 km in 12h 45m.
Route and haltsEdit
The important halts of the train are:
The train has standard ICF[clarification needed] rakes with a max speed of 110 kmph. The train consists of 6 coaches:
- 4 second sitting
- 1 general unreserved
- 2 seating cum luggage rake
The trains are attached/detached from/to Guruvayur Express at Vanchi Maniyachchi. From Chennai Egmore to Vanchi Maniyachi and vice versa the train will run coupled with Guruvayur Express. A separate loco will haul the train from Vanchi Maniyachi to Tuticorin and vice versa.
- Runs seven days in a week for every direction.
- "Trains diverted". The Hindu. 22 May 2017. Retrieved 6 June 2018.
- Diversion of trains due to line block
- Changes in pattern of train services announced
- "Koodal Express converted into Jansatabdhi Express". The Times of India. 24 December 2002. Retrieved 19 March 2021.
- 16129/Chennai Egmore–Tuticorin Link Express India Rail Info
- 16130/Tuticorin–Chennai Egmore Link Express India Rail Info