Charotar University of Science and Technology
Charotar University of Science and Technology (CHARUSAT) is established under the Gujarat Act No. 8 of 2009, Government of Gujarat. University Grants Commission (UGC) has empowered CHARUSAT to award Degrees under Section 22 of UGC Act 1956. Earlier campus was known as Education Campus Changa till 2009.CHARUSAT has got accredited with grade A by NAAC in 2016.
|Education Campus Changa|
|Motto||Knowledge is eternal|
|Endowment||₹ $8 billion|
|Provost||B G Patel|
|Location||Changa, Gujarat, India|
|Campus||105 acres (0.42 km2),|
|Affiliations||UGC, AICTE, AIU|
It was dream of two philanthropist, Late Mr.Chhotabhai Patel & Late Dr. K.C. Patel to establish a world class university in a rural area so that people of that region can get advantage of higher education. Shri Charotar Moti Sattavis Patidar Kelvani Mandal is the college trust. Kelvani Mandal is a non profit organisation that solely focuses on imparting education and spreading knowledge. It is the inception of Kelvani Mandal that, knowledge is a tool that can bring social change in our society. Kelvani Mandal has established Education Campus - Anand to offer secondary school education in science stream named D.Z.Patel Higher Secondary School, Anand
The university is situated in the village of Changa, a Charotar Moti Sattavis Patidar Samaj. Charotar is the region comprising Anand and Kheda districts of Gujarat. Charotar is widely recognized as the native place of great Indian freedom fighter and first home-minister of India late Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. Accessible from Nadiad and Anand City. CHARUSAT Campus sprawls over 105 acres of land equipped with modern facilities.
The official website of CHARUSAT states that: "The journey started in the year 2000, with only 240 students, 4 programs, 1 institute and an investment of Rs. 3 Crores. Whereas, today, there are 35 different UG and PG Programs with 4500 students enrolled in 7 different Institutes.There is also an R&D Centre conducting research in the emerging sciences like Nanotechnology, Biotechnology, etc. These development activities have an investment of Rs. 80 Crores (800 Million INR). Charusat was started in year 2000 with affiliation with Gujarat University, which continued until year 2007 then continued its affiliation with Gujarat Technological University until year 2009 and now under it is constituted as university under Government of Gujarat - Gujarat Act No. 8 of 2009.
Faculties and constituent institutesEdit
- Faculty of Technology & Engineering
- Chandubhai S Patel Institute of Technology – Changa
- Devang Patel Institute of Advance Technology & Research - Changa
- Faculty of Computer Science & Applications
- Smt. Chandaben Mohanbhai Patel Institute of Computer Applications
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Ramanbhai Patel College of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Management Studies
- Indukaka Ipcowala Institute of Management
- Faculty of Applied Sciences
- P D Patel Institute of Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Ashok and Rita Patel Institute of Physiotherapy
- Manikaka Topawala Institute of Nursing
- "CHARUSAT President Message". Archived from the original on 2013-05-22.
- "CHARUSAT Provost Message". Archived from the original on 2013-05-22.
- "CHARUSAT Campus Map". Archived from the original on 2013-05-22.
- "UGC Act-1956" (PDF). mhrd.gov.in/. Secretary, University Grants Commission. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "CHARUSAT at a glance". CHARUSAT. Archived from the original on 6 July 2013. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- CHARUSAT Archived July 6, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.