Chandiroor is a village in Alappuzha district, Kerala, India. It is situated on National Highway 47 between Eramalloor and Aroor. It is under Aroor Assembly constituency and Alappuzha Parliamentary constituency. It was part of the Travancore kingdom. Chandiroor is known as Siddha village in Kerala.
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||KL-04 and KL-32|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Alappuzha|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Aroor|
It is located at .
NH47 is the main connectivity.
Sea food processing is the main industry. Shrimp farming, pisciculture and coir products manufacture are also means of livelihood.
Places of interestEdit
- Chandiroor HSS (Where Mammootty studied)
- Our Lady Of Mercy HSS
- Al Ameen Public School
- Jamia Milliyya Arabic college
- Heavens Qur'anic Pre-school
- The main front is LDF. K.R Gauriamma represented this constituency until last term from the birth of Kerala. She belongs to JSS. Now Adv. A M Arif (CPIM) represents the constituency for the second time.
- http://wikimapia.org/394978/Chandiroor Wikimapia