This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Chandigarh University (CU) is a private university located in Gharuan, Mohali, Punjab, India, more than 25 kilometres (16 mi) away from Chandigarh. The university was established in 2012 by the Punjab State Legislature and is recognized by University Grants Commission under Section 2(F) with the right to confer degrees as per Section 22(1) of the UGC Act, 1956. Satnam Singh Sandhu serves as the University's chancellor.
|Motto||Discover. Learn . Empower.|
|Chancellor||Satnam Singh Sandhu|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. R.S. Bawa|
NH95, Chandigarh-Ludhiana Highway,
Chandigarh University offers various undergraduate, post-graduate and doctorate courses in various disciplines including engineering, management, computing, cognitive sciences, education, animation and multimedia, tourism], pharma sciences, biotechnology, architecture, commerce, legal studies, agricultural science, media studies, liberal arts and basic sciences.
The university's academia revolves around the Flexible Choice Based Credit System (FCBCS), which allows students to choose from electives in their own discipline, related fields and open electives, and allows credits transfer through semester abroad programs.
|Engineering – India|
|Business/Management – India|
The campus of CU resides in the village Gharuan, on the Chandigarh-Ludhiana Highway (NH-95). The campus consists of 18 academic blocks, 6 girls and 14 boys hostel buildings, food courts, banks, free university dispensaries, stationery shops, and departmental stores. The campus also holds the boxing court, badminton court, basketball court, wrestling court, and gymnasiums.
Chandigarh University is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). There are also courses which are also approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT), Bar Council of India (BCI), Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), Council of Architecture (COA) and National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).
- University Institute of Engineering
- University School of Business (USB)
- University Institute of Computing
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- University Institute of Biotechnology
- University Institute of Architecture
- University Institute of Liberal Arts & Humanities
- University Institute of Film and Visual Arts
- University Institute of Teacher Training And Research
- University Institute of Legal Studies
- University Institute of Agricultural Science
- University Institute of Media Studies
- University Institute of Science
- Apex Institute of Technology
- University Institute of Neural & Cognitive Sciences
- University Institute of Applied Health Sciences
- University Institute of Tourism & Hospitality Management
Various cultural events that take place around the year in the university include CU Fest, Abhivyakti National Literary Festival, and CU Rhythm International Folklore Festival. CU also backs National Cadet Corps (NCC), National Service Scheme (NSS), and Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR).
- India, Press Trust of (22 July 2012). "RS Bawa appointed VC of Chandigarh University". Business Standard India. Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- "Why choose CHandigarh University?". Chandigarh University. Retrieved 12 June 2020.
- "Overview". Chandigarh University. Retrieved 12 June 2020.
- "Leadership and University Administration". www.cuchd.in. Chandigarh University. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- University, Chandigarh. "Chandigarh University Academic Systems | Academic Framework". Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- "Chandigarh University Academic Framework". www.cuchd.in. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- "Status of Chandigarh University". University Grants Commission. 22 April 2014. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "Extension of approval for the academic year 2017-2018". All India Council for Technical Education. 30 March 2017. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology approval". National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology. 7 May 2018. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "Extension of provisional temporary approval of affiliation for the academic year 2017-2018". Bar Council of India. 17 August 2017. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "No Objection for starting Pharmacy courses at Chandigarh University". Pharmacy Council of India. 29 August 2013. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "Extension of Approval". Council of Architecture. 7 May 2016. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "Recognition order". National Council for Teacher Education. 2 May 2016. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "NAAC Results of 4th October" (PDF).
- "ACU Members - Asia". www.acu.ac.uk. Association of Commonwealth Universities. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "List of IAU members". www.iau-aiu.net. International Association of Universities. Retrieved 22 September 2019.