Center Township, Boone County, Indiana
Center Township is one of twelve townships in Boone County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 18,030 and it contained 7,934 housing units. It was named from its location at the geographic center of Boone County.
Location of Center Township in Boone County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||65.33 sq mi (169.2 km2)|
|• Land||65.33 sq mi (169.2 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||935 ft (285 m)|
|• Density||276/sq mi (107/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453173|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 65.33 square miles (169.2 km2), all land.
Cities and townsEdit
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Clinton (northeast)
- Harrison (southwest)
- Jackson (southwest)
- Jefferson (west)
- Marion (northeast)
- Perry (southeast)
- Union (east)
- Washington (northwest)
- Worth (southeast)
The township contains four cemeteries: Center, Dowden, Oak Hill and Robinson.
- "Center Township, Boone County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Early Life and Times in Boone County, Indiana: Giving an Account of the Early Settlement of Each Locality, Church Histories, County and Township Officers from the First Down to 1886 ... Biographical Sketches of Some of the Prominent Men and Women ... Carlon & Hollenbeck. 1887. p. 12.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.