Mullins with the Baltimore Orioles
|Baltimore Orioles – No. 3|
|Born: October 1, 1994|
Greensboro, North Carolina
|August 10, 2018, for the Baltimore Orioles|
|MLB statistics |
(through July 21, 2019)
|Runs batted in||15|
Mullins attended Brookwood High School in Snellville, Georgia and played college baseball at Louisburg College and Campbell University. He was drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the 13th round of the 2015 Major League Baseball Draft.
Mullins made his professional debut with the Aberdeen IronBirds in 2015, spending the whole season there, posting a .264 batting average with two home runs and 32 RBIs in 68 games. He played 2016 with the Delmarva Shorebirds, batting .273 with 14 home runs, 55 RBIs, and 30 stolen bases in 124 games, and spent 2017 with the Bowie BaySox, where he batted .265 with 13 home runs, 37 RBIs, and a .778 OPS in 76 games. He began 2018 with Bowie and was promoted to the Norfolk Tides during the season.
Mullins was promoted to the major leagues on August 10, 2018, and he made his major league debut that same night, collecting three hits, two RBI, drawing a walk and scoring three runs in a 19-12 loss to the Boston Red Sox. He became the first Oriole in franchise history to collect three hits in his Major League debut and became only the fifth player in MLB history to score three or more runs and collect two or more extra-base hits in his debut, joining Joey Gallo, J. P. Arencibia, Craig Wilson and Hall of Famer Willie McCovey. Mullins finished the season with a .235 batting average and four home runs in 45 games played.
- "'I could just feel the energy coming off him': How 5-foot-8 Cedric Mullins blazed into Camden Yards – The Athletic". Theathletic.com. Retrieved August 25, 2018.
- "Orioles select Mullins in 13th round of MLB Draft". Archived from the original on April 3, 2017. Retrieved April 2, 2017.
- "Minor leaguer Cedric Mullins made his mark in Orioles' Grapefruit League loss Wednesday". Baltimoresun.com. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- "Mullins has chilled out; Settling in with Shorebirds". Delmarvanow.com. May 18, 2016. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- Melewski, Steve (March 27, 2017). "For his latest trick, Cedric Mullins homered off Craig Kimbrel". Masnsports.com. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- "Cedric Mullens Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved November 19, 2017.
- RotoWire Staff (May 30, 2018). "Orioles' Cedric Mullins: Promoted to Triple-A". CBSSports.com. Retrieved August 25, 2018.
- RotoWire Staff (August 10, 2018). "Orioles' Cedric Mullins: Joining big-league club". CBSSports.com. Retrieved August 25, 2018.
- [dead link]
- "Cedric Mullins Stats". June 5, 2018. Retrieved June 5, 2018.
- https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/03/orioles-and-yankees-lineups-for-opening-day.html |title=Orioles and Yankees lineups for opening day - School of Roch |date=March 28,2019 | accessdate=June 5,2019
- https://eutawstreetreport.com/warehouse-episode-31-mullins-demoted-wright-dfad/ |date=April 23, 2019 | accessdate=June 5, 2019