Caves Valley Golf Club
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Caves Valley Golf Club is a member-owned not-for-profit corporation in Owings Mills, Maryland, a suburb northwest of Baltimore. The golf course opened 30 years ago in 1991, and is known for its fast greens, rolling fairways, and water hazards; it was rated as 47th among America's best modern courses by Golfweek magazine in 1997.
|Location||Owings Mills, Maryland, U.S.|
|Established||1991, 30 years ago|
|Tournaments hosted||2017 Senior Players Championship|
2002 U.S. Senior Open
2014 International Crown
|Designed by||Tom Fazio|
|Length||7,226 yards (6,607 m)|
|Slope rating||142 |
In 2002, Caves Valley played host to the U.S. Senior Open where Don Pooley bested Tom Watson in a dramatic five hole playoff. In addition, the club has hosted the 1995 U.S. Mid-Amateur, the NCAA Division I Men's (2005) and Women's Golf Championships (2009), the AJGA Cannon Cup (twice), and the Palmer Cup in 2007. It hosted the inaugural International Crown in 2014, a biennial team event organized by the LPGA Tour involving four-woman teams from eight countries. In 2017 it played host to the Constellation Senior Players Championship.
- Hetrick, Ross (July 5, 1992). "Posh Caves Valley golf course fights to get out of the rough". Baltimore Sun. Retrieved July 25, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Course Rating and Slope Database™: Caves Valley Golf Club". USGA. Retrieved July 25, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Caves Valley golf club review". Golf.com. Archived from the original on 14 August 2009. Retrieved 3 July 2010. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Hackenberg, Dave (July 1, 2002). "A rare victory". Toledo Blade. p. C1.
- "Georgia wins NCAA men's golf title". Sunday Star-News. Wilmington, North Carolina. June 5, 2005. p. 3C.
- Mirocha, Dan (May 22, 2009). "Devils deliver: ASU wins NCAA title". Golfweek. Retrieved July 25, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "2007 Palmer Cup". Palmer Cup. 2007. Archived from the original on June 17, 2015. Retrieved July 25, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Caves Valley to host 2017 Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship". PGATour. Retrieved 2017-07-14.