This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||February 10, 1945|
|Occupation||Golf course architect|
Fazio graduated in 1962 from Lansdale Catholic High School and was inducted into its "Hall of Fame" in 2007. He began his career in golf course design with his family's firm in suburban Philadelphia, which he left in the 1960s; he established his own firm in Jupiter, Florida in 1972. He is the nephew of George Fazio, who often credited Tom with jump-starting his own career in golf course architecture.
Fazio has designed more than 200 courses of which 46 have been ranked by Golf Digest in their greatest 200 courses in the United States. His individual honors include Best Modern Day Golf Course Architect, which he received from Golf Digest Magazine three times. In 1995, Fazio became only the second course architect to receive the highest recognition awarded by the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America - The Old Tom Morris Award.
Notable golf courses designed by Tom FazioEdit
- Adare Manor, County Limerick, Ireland (redesign)
- Caves Valley Golf Club, Owings Mills, Maryland
- Conway Farms Golf Club, Lake Forest, Illinois
- The Estancia Club, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Firestone Country Club West Course, Akron, Ohio
- Karsten Creek, Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Lake Nona Golf & Country Club, Orlando, Florida
- The National Golf Club of Canada, Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada
- Old Overton Club, Vestavia Hills, Alabama
- PGA National Resort and Spa, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
- Pinehurst Resort No. 6 and No. 8, Pinehurst, North Carolina
- Primm Valley Golf Club, Nipton, California
- Quail Hollow Club, Charlotte, North Carolina (redesign)
- Sand Ridge Golf Club, Munson Township, Geauga County, Ohio
- Shadow Creek Golf Course, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Squire Creek Country Club, Choudrant, Louisiana
- TPC Myrtle Beach, Burgess, South Carolina
- Victoria National Golf Club, Newburgh, Indiana
- Ginella, Matt (April 27, 2009). "Q&A with Tom Fazio". Golf Digest. Retrieved February 16, 2021.
- Dunne, Thomas. "The Philosophy of Tom Fazio". Links. Retrieved February 16, 2021.
- Hennessey, Stephen (February 5, 2019). "Tom Fazio discusses big budgets, the evolution of course design and why golf in the Ozarks should be on your radar". Golf Digest. Retrieved February 16, 2021.
- Tremlett, Sam (October 17, 2019). "What Courses Has Tom Fazio Designed?". Golf Monthly. Retrieved February 16, 2021.