Cavendish University Uganda
Cavendish University Uganda (CUU) is licensed and accredited by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education (UNCHE), and was established in 2008.It is ranked 20th best university in Uganda and 10593th in the world.
Motto in English
|Educate the World|
|Chancellor||H.E.Goodluck Ebele Jonathan|
|Vice-Chancellor||John F. Mugisha|
CUU's main campus is located at 1469 Ggaba Road, in Nsambya, a southern neighborhood of Kampala, the capital and largest city of Uganda. Nsambya is approximately 5 kilometres (3.1 mi), by road, south-east of the central business district of Kampala.
Cavendish University Uganda (CUU) is a higher institution of learning that was granted a letter of interim authority on 18 December 2007 to establish a private university under the Universities and Tertiary Institutions Act No. 7 of 2001.
CUU is fully licensed and accredited by the Uganda National Council for Higher Education (UNCHE), and was established in 2008.
The student-centric academic model of CUU deploys global best practices in teaching and learning and is aimed at fulfilling the Mission of CUU which is to transform students into responsible, educated, employable and entrepreneurial citizens (REEE).
Cavendish University Uganda offers market-relevant and accredited academic programmes which are hosted in its four Faculties of Law, Science & Technology, Business & Management, and Socio–Economic Sciences. There is also a School of Postgraduate Studies & Research.
Learning at CUU is innovative, student-centric, participatory, active and practical. A technology platform is deployed to support blended learning, projects, case studies, distance learning, and other forms of effective and active learning.
Cavendish University Uganda has a large student population hailing from over 15 different countries. More than 5,000 students have graduated from CUU in many different disciplines at certificate, diploma, bachelor's and master's levels since its inception.
The university opened with 45 students in the premises formerly occupied by Makerere High School on Makerere Hill. The student body grew to over 250 in 2009. In 2010, CUU moved to its campus on Ggaba Road, opposite the American Embassy.
Political Figures and Government EmployeesEdit
Persis Namuganza, Ugandan politician and the state minister for lands in the Cabinet of Uganda.
Film, Television and RadioEdit
Bettinah Tianah, Ugandan television personality, actress, model, and fashionista.
The university has a total of 5 library branches spread in different parts of Uganda, each representing a Campus or study centre, with electronic resources accessed through the country's consortium of Uganda University Libraries CUUL.
The following programmes are currently offered at CUU:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting & Finance
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing
- Master of Business Administration - Management
- Master of Business Administration - Entrepreneurship
- Master of Business Administration - Human Resources Management
- Master of Business Administration - Procurement & Supply Chain Management
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Arts in International Relations & Diplomatic Studies
- Master of Science in Project Management
- Master of Security Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGD BA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration: Generic
- Bachelor of Business Administration- Banking & Finance
- Bachelor of Business Administration- Accounting & Finance
- Bachelor of Business Administration- Procurement & Logistics
- Bachelor of Business Administration- Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Management
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Diplomatic Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Journalism & Communication Studies (Public Relations/Mass Communication)
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Public Health
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health Science
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
- Bachelors in Economics and Statistics
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration and Management
- Bachelor of Mass Communication and Journalism
- Bachelor of Environmental Health Science
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in International Relations
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Certificate in Business Administration
- Certificate in Information Technology
- Uganda National Council for Higher Education (23 November 2018). "Uganda National Council for Higher Education: Private Universities: Cavendish University". Kampala: Uganda National Council for Higher Education. Archived from the original on 17 October 2014. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- Globefeed.com (14 July 2014). "Estimated Road Distance Between Central Kampala And Nsambya With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Monitor Reporter (19 August 2016). "Cavendish University opens law facility, restructures 60 staff". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 19 August 2019.
- Otage, Steven (9 September 2009). "Cavendish University Changes Learning". Daily Monitor via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Kisakye, Frank (5 July 2009). "Study First And Pay Later at Cavendish". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "Cavendish University | PG Studies and Research". Cavendish University Uganda. Retrieved 12 February 2021.