Kendall in 1963
Cavan Spencer Kendall McCarthy
22 May 1942
|Died||29 October 1999 (aged 57)|
|Relatives||Kay Kendall (paternal half-sister)|
Marie Kendall (paternal grandmother)
Kendall was born in Edinburgh, Scotland the son of Terrence McCarthy (a.k.a. Terry Kendall) and Dora Spencer.[better source needed] His father was the son of music hall comedian and actress Marie Kendall. Through his father, Kendall was also a half-brother of actress Kay Kendall.
Amongst his theatre work, Kendall appeared opposite Sarah Miles in the original West End production of Vivat! Vivat Regina! at the Piccadilly Theatre, and in Justice is a Woman at the Vaudeville (as well as its subsequent TV version opposite Margaret Lockwood). He acted in many television series, including the BBC's 1957 version of The Railway Children, and the Doctor Who story The Myth Makers in the role of Achilles. He also appeared in the films Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush (1968), Eureka (1983), The Clandestine Marriage (1999) and Sexy Beast (2000).
- "KENDALL, Cavan". bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- "Person Page - 52849". thepeerage.com. Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- "Cavan Kendall - photographer 1942-1999". cavankendall.com. Archived from the original on 2015-08-14. Retrieved 2017-11-02.
- Golden, Eve (5 December 2013). "The Brief, Madcap Life of Kay Kendall". University Press of Kentucky – via Google Books.
- Anastasia, George; Macnow, Glen (27 September 2011). "The Ultimate Book of Gangster Movies: Featuring the 100 Greatest Gangster Films of All Time". Running Press – via Google Books.
- "Production of Vivat! Vivat Regina! - Theatricalia". theatricalia.com. Archived from the original on 2017-11-07. Retrieved 2017-11-03.
- "Justice Is a Woman (1969)".
- "Saviours of the Train (1957)".
- "The Myth Makers ★★★★".
- "Cavan Kendall - Movies and Filmography - AllMovie". AllMovie.