It is divided into two sections, the older section and the newer Linn extension, divided by Netherlee Road. There are war graves in both sections; a total of 238 Commonwealth service personnel of both World Wars are buried here.
The cemetery contains the William and Mary Hood mausoleum, which is based upon the Philae Temple of Hathor. The cemetery gatehouse had been derelict for ten years until it was restored as a family home, winning a Glasgow Institute of Architects Design Award in 2011.
- Hannah Frank (1908–2008), Scottish artist and sculptor
- Hugh MacColl (1861–1915), Scottish man who founded Sevilla Fútbol Club being their first captain in 1890
- Jessie MacLachlan (1866–1916), Scottish Gaelic soprano
- Margaret "Madge" (née Metcalfe) Jefferson, actress and mother of Stan Laurel
- Mark Sheridan (1864–1918), English music hall comedian and singer
- Eric Woolfson (1945–2009), Scottish songwriter and musician; co-creator of The Alan Parsons Project
|This article about a cemetery in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|