Cars 3: Driven to Win
Cars 3: Driven to Win is a racing video game based on the 2017 film Cars 3, developed by Avalanche Software and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. It is the first Disney game not to be published by Disney Interactive Studios since its shutdown in May 2016 and the first game developed by Avalanche Software after the Warner Bros acquisition. The game was released for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on June 13, 2017 in North America, in Europe and Australia on July 14, 2017, and in Japan on July 20, 2017.
|Cars 3: Driven to Win|
|Publisher(s)||Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment|
The modes that appear in the game are as follows:
- Race: Players must compete to see who can get to the finish line the fastest.
- Battle Race: Racing, but with weapons.
- Takedown: Players must use weapons and power-ups to take out as many other cars as possible. When the timer runs out, the player with the most points wins.
- Stunt Showcase: The objective here is to put on a show by performing jumps and tricks to score points and impress the crowds.
- Best Lap Challenge: Players must try to get the best lap time around a given course.
- Playground: A sandbox mode that allows players to go racing, perform stunts, complete challenges, or just cruise around.
When the player starts the game, the player starts with 0 Skill Checks. Skill Checks can be completed by completing the requirements on each one. If the player completes a certain number of Skill Checks, the player is able to unlock new events, characters, and tracks.
IGN España said "Cars 3: Driven to Win is a fun game to play with our children, using a Mario Kart style control, but simplifying it rightly. A good number of hours of play to unlock all its contents make the purchase worthwhile if you have children fans of the Pixar film."
- Spangler, Todd (January 25, 2017). "'Cars 3' Console Video Game in Works From Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment". Variety. Archived from the original on February 11, 2017. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- Macy, Seth G. (April 5, 2017). "Cars 3: Driven to Win Release Date Revealed". IGN. Archived from the original on April 5, 2017. Retrieved April 5, 2017.
- Seedhouse, Alex (April 7, 2017). "Cars 3: Driven To Win On Nintendo Switch Is An Argos Exclusive In The UK". Nintendo Insider. Archived from the original on April 8, 2017. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- "カーズ3 勝利への道【公式サイト】" [Cars 3 way to victory 【Official website】]. ワーナー ゲーム (in Japanese). Archived from the original on November 13, 2017. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- Palmer, Jack. "Cars 3: Driven to Win Game Modes Revealed". TrueAchievements. Retrieved June 7, 2017.
- "Cars 3: Driven to Win for PlayStation 4 Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on September 11, 2017. Retrieved September 23, 2017.
- Soriano, David (July 11, 2017). "Rápido como un Rayo" [Fast as Lightning]. IGN España (in Spanish). Ziff Davis. Archived from the original on June 29, 2018. Retrieved August 25, 2018.
El videojuego oficial de la película en lugar de recrear los hechos de la cinta se compone de un conjunto de modos de carrera y combate al estilo Mario Kart, pero simplificados para los más pequeños de la casa.
- Whitehead, Thomas (July 10, 2017). "Cars 3: Driven to Win Review (Switch)". Nintendo Life. Nlife Media. Archived from the original on September 27, 2018. Retrieved August 25, 2018.