Carlos Falcó, 5th Marquess of Griñón
Carlos Falcó y Fernández de Córdoba, 5th Marquess of Griñón, GE (3 February 1937 – 20 March 2020) was a Spanish peer. He was best known for one of his titles, Marquess of Griñón, despite holding another higher-ranking title, Marquess of Castel Moncayo, with Grandeeship attached.
The Marquess of Griñón
Pictured in 2018
|Died||20 March 2020 (aged 83)|
Born at Palacio de las Dueñas, in Seville, he was the eldest son of Manuel Falcó y Escandón, 9th Duke of Montellano, 11th Marquess of Castel Moncayo and 9th Marquess of Pons, Grandee of Spain, and his wife Hilda Fernández de Córdoba y Mariátegui, notable huntress, 12th Marchioness of Mirabel, 3rd Countess of Santa Isabel, 10th Countess of Berantevilla. His maternal grandfather was the 8th Duke of Arión, who was president of Real Club de la Puerta de Hierro between 1896 and 1901.
Falcó inherited the Marquessate of Griñón in 1955, when his grandfather Joaquín Fernández de Córdoba died. He succeeded his mother Hilda as Marquess of Castel Moncayo after the death of the former in 1978, thus becoming Grandee of Spain.
He managed the family estate-bottled wine brand "Marqués de Griñón", which earned him high recognition. The American magazine Wine Spectator listed it in 2014 as one of the greatest wines in the world.
Children with Jannine Girod y del Avellanal:
- Manuel Falcó y Girod (b. 1964)
- Alejandra Falcó y Girod, 13th Marchioness of Mirabel (b. 1967)
Children with Isabel Preysler Arrastia:
- Tamara Falcó y Preysler (b. 1981)
Children with María de Fátima de la Cierva y Moreno:
- Duarte Falcó y de la Cierva (b. 1994)
- Aldara Falcó y de la Cierva (b. 1997)
Titles and stylesEdit
- "El vino Marqués de Griñón Cabernet Sauvignon, entre los mejores del mundo" (in Spanish). ABC. 1 December 2014. Retrieved 21 March 2020.
- "Muere Carlos Falcó, Marqués de Griñón y padre de Tamara Falcó, a los 83 años por coronavirus" (in Spanish). ABC. 20 March 2020. Retrieved 21 March 2020.
- "Muere Carlos Falcó, marqués de Griñón, víctima del coronavirus" (in Spanish). El Mundo. 20 March 2020. Retrieved 21 March 2020.
- Boletín Oficial del Estado (BOE) - 9 March 1978
- Boletín Oficial del Estado (BOE) - 23 July 1955
Joaquín Fernando Fernández de Córdoba y Osma
| Marquess of Griñón
9 December 1955 – 20 March 2020
Manuel Falcó y Escandón
| Marquess of Castel Moncayo|
20 May 1981 – 20 March 2020
|This biography of a Spanish noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|