Caribbean Tourism Organization
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The CTO, with headquarters in Barbados and offices in New York and London, is the Caribbean’s tourism development agency. Its member countries and territories include the Dutch, English, French and Spanish, as well as a myriad of private sector allied members.
The CTO's vision is to position the Caribbean as the most desirable, year round, warm weather destination, and its purpose is "Leading Sustainable Tourism - One Sea, One Voice, One Caribbean."
Among other benefits, the organization provides specialized support and technical assistance in sustainable tourism development, marketing, communications, advocacy, human resource development, event planning and execution, and research and information technology.
The CTO, in partnership with the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association, jointly and equally owns the Caribbean Tourism Development Company, a marketing and business development entity dedicated to promoting the Caribbean brand worldwide.
The CTO was established in 1989 with the merger of the Caribbean Tourism Association (founded in 1951) and the Caribbean Tourism Research and Development Center (founded in 1974)
- Antigua and Barbuda
- French overseas departments:
- Kingdom of the Netherlands:
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- British overseas territories:
- United States territories:
- "Caribbean Tourism Organisation appoints The7stars". PRWeek. 2010-04-08.
- Caribbeantravel.com - Official tourism site of the Caribbean
- OneCaribbean.org - Official tourism business website of the Caribbean Tourism Organization
- CaribbeanWeek.ca - Highlights of Toronto's annual Caribbean Week
|This Caribbean-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|