Cardinal Sin (band)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cardinal Sin are an extreme metal band formed in 1995 by ex-Dissection member John Zwetsloot. In 1996, they released a 4-track EP called Spiteful Intents, which featured a trademark classical composition by Zwetsloot. Having disbanded after the EP, they reformed in 2003 with a partially new lineup, but have yet to release anything beyond Spiteful Intents.
|Years active||1995-1996, 2003-2006|
Magnus "Devo" Andersson
Daniel Ekeroth described their musical style as "typical mid-90’s death/thrash". Metal Hammer journalist Robert Müller wrote that since the group were focussed around the guitarists John Zwetsloot and Devo Andersson there were no doubts about the technical quality, though the EP's sound was "established and all to well-known".
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- Spiteful Intents EP - (1996)
- ANDREW, J. "Blackened Melodic Death Metal: A History Lesson". Metal Injection. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- Daniel Ekeroth: Swedish Death Metal. Second printing. Brooklyn, NY: Bazillion Points 2009, p. 319.
- Tartarean Desires' entry for Cardinal Sin
- Robert Müller: Cardinal Sin. Spiteful Intents. In: Metal Hammer, no. 2, 1997, p. 61.