Calogero Antonio Mannino (born August 20, 1939 in Asmara) is an Italian Christian Democrat politician. He was a member of the Union of Christian and Centre Democrats. He served in the cabinet of Prime Ministers Spadolini (1981–1982), Fanfani (1982–1983) and Andreotti (1991–1992). He served in the Chamber of Deputies of Italy in Legislature VII (1976–1979), Legislature VIII (1979–1983), Legislature IX (1983–1987), Legislature X (1987–1992), Legislature XI (1992–1994) and Legislature XVI. He served in the Senate of Italy in Legislature XV.
He was accused to have been involved with the State-Mafia Pact as an active part in negotiating the end of the early 90's massacres in return for detention measures attenuation to mafia members. In 2015 the first verdict was an acquittal. In 2017 the prosecuting authority gave impulse to the process in second grade.
- www.zed-soft.com, Sergio Zimmerhofer - Zed Software Solutions -. "Assemblea Regionale Siciliana - Profilo Deputato Mannino Calogero". Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- "Romano: "Nasce Popolari per l'Italia di Domani"". Giornale di Sicilia. 2010-09-28. Retrieved 1º ottobre 2010. Check date values in:
- "Berlusconi ottiene la fiducia grazie ai voti di Mpa e Fli". lineasicilia.it. 2010-09-29. Retrieved 1º ottobre 2010. Check date values in:
|accessdate=(help)[permanent dead link]
- "Il dopo Udc parte senza Cuffaro Romano: - la Repubblica.it". Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- "Mannino, addio al Pid: "Nascerà movimento di ispirazione cattolica"". Giornale di Sicilia. 2011-03-14. Retrieved 26 March 2011.