A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cally-Jo Pothecary (born 20 April 1989, Southampton, United Kingdom) is a British fine artist and tattoo artist. Her tattoo projects have been featured in magazines and advertising campaigns, and she has created tattoos for multiple celebrities, including singer Rihanna and actress Sienna Miller.
20 April 1989
|Occupation||Tattoo artist, fine artist, television personality|
Cally-Jo was a participant in the gallery The 100 Hands Project, an exhibition presented at the National Maritime Museum in Cornwall, UK. The exhibition shows about 100 silicone hands tattooed by 100 tattoo artists who work in England.
In 2016 Cally-Jo collaborated with the Coffee vs. Gangs campaign, which was founded by the coffee company Kenco. Gang tattoos are symbolic of a life of crime in Honduras, with gang members using special tattoo symbols to identify their allegiance to certain gangs. «Kenco» Ireland commissioned Cally-Jo to create an original artwork that captures the rich symbolism of tattoos, but also touches on the hopeful potential of coffee farming as an alternative to gang life. This project attracted the attention of the press, as well as the visit of the Ambassador of Honduras.
- "Rihanna's most famous tattoos are the work of British artist Cally-Jo Pothecary". The Daily Mail. 19 May 2014. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- Joseph Curtis (20 May 2014). "Southampton tattoo artist inks superstar Rihanna (From Daily Echo)". Dailyecho.co.uk. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "Cally-Jo | Inked Magazine". Inkedmag.com. 20 June 2014. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- Future Publishing Limited. "MOBO award winners to receive(sic) limited edition 'tattooed' HTC One M8s as prizes | Gadget Magazine". Gadgetdaily.xyz. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "Press Cally-Jo". Callyjo.com. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "Alice Snape | The official blog for Things&Ink". Th-ink.co.uk. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- Written by Edward (25 June 2016). "Coffee Vs Gangs is more than just a marketing campaign #CoffeeVsGangs". Suburbiaonline.ie. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- 29 June 2016 (29 June 2016). "Celebrity tattoo artist inks new design for Kenco Coffee Vs Gangs - Shelflife Magazine". Shelflife.ie. Retrieved 31 May 2017.