California State Route 233
State Route 233 (SR 233) is a state highway in the U.S. state of California. It serves as an alternate route between State Route 152 and State Route 99 in Madera County, running along Robertson Boulevard through the center of Chowchilla instead of bypassing the city. Drivers going from eastbound SR 152 to northbound SR 99 must especially use SR 233 since there is no such direct ramp at the 99/152 interchange.
SR 233 highlighted in red
|Defined by Streets and Highways Code § 533|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length||3.882 mi (6.247 km)|
|South end||SR 152 near Chowchilla|
|North end||SR 99 near Chowchilla|
SR 233 begins at an interchange with SR 152 in Madera County. Past the western terminus, the road continues as Robertson Boulevard. The road heads northeast through farmland and desert along with some development on two-lane undivided Robertson Boulevard, entering the city of Chowchilla. In Chowchilla, SR 233 widens to four lanes and passes through residential and commercial areas of the town. The route becomes a divided highway and crosses a Union Pacific railroad line before coming to its eastern terminus at an interchange with SR 99 just northeast of town. The road continues east as Avenue 26 towards Hensley Lake past the interchange.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment that existed at the time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary (for a full list of prefixes, see the list of postmile definitions). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The entire route is in Madera County.
|||0.01||Robertson Boulevard||Continuation beyond SR 152|
|||0.01||SR 152 – Los Banos, Gilroy||Interchange; south end of SR 233|
|Chowchilla||3.59||Chowchilla Boulevard||Former US 99|
|||3.89||SR 99||Interchange; north end of SR 233|
|||3.89||Avenue 26||Continuation beyond SR 99|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- California Department of Transportation. "State Truck Route List". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation. Archived from the original (XLS file) on June 30, 2015. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- Google (2010-11-23). "overview of California State Route 233" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2010-11-23.
- Federal Highway Administration (March 25, 2015). National Highway System: California (South) (PDF) (Map). Scale not given. Washington, DC: Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved September 8, 2017.
- Natzke, Stefan; Neathery, Mike & Adderly, Kevin (June 20, 2012). "What is the National Highway System?". National Highway System. Washington, DC: Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- California Department of Transportation (July 2007). "Log of Bridges on State Highways". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation.
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS, 2005 and 2006