COVID-19 pandemic in Martinique
The COVID-19 pandemic in Martinique is part of the ongoing global viral pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), which was confirmed to have reached the French overseas department and region of Martinique on 5 March 2020.
|COVID-19 pandemic in Martinique|
|Arrival date||5 March 2020|
(2 months and 3 weeks)
On 12 January 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) confirmed that a novel coronavirus was the cause of a respiratory illness in a cluster of people in Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China, which was reported to the WHO on 31 December 2019.
On 20 March, the prefect of Martinique issued a restrictive decree prohibiting, for a month, access to all the beaches and rivers of the island, as well as prohibiting hiking.
- Samyde, Jean-Claude (5 March 2020). "Coronavirus : deux cas confirmés en Martinique". la1ere.francetvinfo.fr.
- Elsevier. "Novel Coronavirus Information Center". Elsevier Connect. Archived from the original on 30 January 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- Reynolds, Matt (4 March 2020). "What is coronavirus and how close is it to becoming a pandemic?". Wired UK. ISSN 1357-0978. Archived from the original on 5 March 2020. Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- "Crunching the numbers for coronavirus". Imperial News. Archived from the original on 19 March 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "High consequence infectious diseases (HCID); Guidance and information about high consequence infectious diseases and their management in England". GOV.UK. Archived from the original on 3 March 2020. Retrieved 17 March 2020.
- "World Federation Of Societies of Anaesthesiologists – Coronavirus". www.wfsahq.org. Archived from the original on 12 March 2020. Retrieved 15 March 2020.
- "Coronavirus Covid-19 : un premier décès lié au virus et 15 patients touchés en Martinique". Martinique la 1ère (in French). Retrieved 21 March 2020.
- "Coronavirus en Martinique : plage, rivière, et forêt interdites pendant 1 mois". Martinique la 1ère (in French). Retrieved 21 March 2020.
|This article about the COVID-19 pandemic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Martinique-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|